Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

That just seems like a bad idea if that board was stored or shipped underneath some pressure treated wood or God knows what else.
It comes on a pallet with a bunch of other cedar wood from the cedar sawmill.

Even if it came in contact with pressure treated wood somehow, almost all new PT wood is treated with copper azole, which you can pretty much eat. CCA pressure treated wood has been banned for >10 years.

I'm sure his cedar fence board has been weathered enough over umpteen years it's just fine.

Hint:. There's a reason cedar fence posts are coveted down here. They're naturally bug and rot resistant (natural oils). No chemical treating needed. Just don't burn too many in the fireplace.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I'm sure his cedar fence board has been weathered enough over umpteen years it's just fine.

Hint:. There's a reason cedar fence posts are coveted down here. They're naturally bug and rot resistant (natural oils). No chemical treating needed. Just don't burn too many in the fireplace.
Yep. This particular set of pickets had been unfinished and left in the sun for 15 years. I have them because they make great fire starters. The fence in question got blown down, and was replaced by a concrete wall.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
It comes on a pallet with a bunch of other cedar wood from the cedar sawmill.

Even if it came in contact with pressure treated wood somehow, almost all new PT wood is treated with copper azole, which you can pretty much eat. CCA pressure treated wood has been banned for >10 years.
Then the God knows what else clause of my post still stands. Home Depot generally isn't a place I would purchase food grade items. Obviously, do whatever you'd like though...

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Posted at Christian's Pub in St. John's, where Bourdain got screeched in.

GrWhkoX.jpg

Whelp, I made zucchini & onions last night. Super easy, & delish.

I made enough planning to have several more days worth. Then, Ate.It.All.

I posted this a long time ago,

smaller zucchinis (the skins aren't bitter when they're smaller), cut in half lengthwise, and those halves lengthwise. You should have 4 long 1/4s. Slice those about a pencil-width thick, toss in a pot. add about 50% chopped onions, cover and put on the stove on low (you can add a tiny bit of h2o if you want, but it's not needed. 25-30 mins later, it's almost limp. S&P, then add a fist full of parmesan cheese. Some people like to add a little chopped tomatos or tomato sauce. [The 'fam' recipe includes tomatoes but my daughter wasn't big on tomatoes when I first made it so I just left it out. Pretty fucking good without tomatoes!]

Moar Parmesan at the table to put on top!

Super easy.

Last edited: