Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

There's a picture of Ripert in Bourdain's latest cookbook eating biscuits and sausage gravy, and the comment from Bourdain is basically how hilarious it is to see a frenchman try that for the first time.
Shit, I just remembered that yesterday was national biscuit day.

Will you guys try/eat lab-grown meat? What do normal people think about this? It'll be available any day now. I'll probably try it. So weird, I never thought I'd eat meat again.

heard good things about a brand called gardein

heard good things about a brand called gardein
Yes, I eat gardein, it's pretty good, especially the faux crab cakes.

This Just company (and others) are growing actual animal flesh in the lab. Steak without any animal involved. The ranchers are freaking out, as this meat will be only about 30% more expensive than the traditional meat.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
Yes, I eat gardein, it's pretty good, especially the faux crab cakes.

This Just company (and others) are growing actual animal flesh in the lab. Steak without any animal involved. The ranchers are freaking out, as this meat will be only about 30% more expensive than the traditional meat.
good, i hope they break the trend :)

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I'd try it.

You know the beef industry is gonna fight it, final labelling on that package is gonna be "artificial imitation meat disc" by the time they're done lobbying what's left of the FDA. And there's gonna be commercials with the voice of the dude from the dodge commercials appealing to people's manliness to keep eating beef. "awww yeaa, ain't nothin like a big greasy slab of USDA triple-A texas blah blah blah, don't let no cityboy tell you how to eat"

And it's probably gonna be a long ass time before that product achieves a decent economy of scale, so it'll probably be pretty expensive for a while.

But I wish 'em the best.

I'd try it.

You know the beef industry is gonna fight it, final labelling on that package is gonna be "artificial imitation meat disc" by the time they're done lobbying what's left of the FDA. And there's gonna be commercials with the voice of the dude from the dodge commercials appealing to people's manliness to keep eating beef. "awww yeaa, ain't nothin like a big greasy slab of USDA triple-A texas blah blah blah, don't let no cityboy tell you how to eat"

And it's probably gonna be a long ass time before that product achieves a decent economy of scale, so it'll probably be pretty expensive for a while.

But I wish 'em the best.
I'm sure the beef people will freak out--I mean they even sued Oprah once for comments that they considered "anti-beef". Lol

The Egg Board freaked out over eggless Just Mayo, lost he lawsuit, and now there are mung bean "eggs" that you can even scramble up.

They estimate it'll be about 30% more expensive than traditional meat at start up. I assume it will be a healthy tissue they grow, maybe lower in saturated fat than the traditional? They have deep pockets, as Bill Gates and others are involved. I guess acceptance of the product depends upon how the public reacts to the beef industry's inevitable appeal to nature commercials.

Some vegans don't like the factory-created meat idea because of the health aspects of meat and an idealized The World Will Awaken And Go Vegan mantra. I'm not the health police, and I sure know the majority aren't going to change their diet to exclude meat. So let's make some meat! :)

@poptartdaddy What say you?

I'd totally try it.

Maybe.

I would say that eating lab-grown meat would certainly be a better ethical choice than eating meat from an animal that was purposely killed for its flesh.

But personally, I don’t know if I’d eat it. The thought of it just grosses me out.

But I’d probably eat lab-grown fish, though, because I’m used to the taste & texture. And if it turned out to be a viable alternative to fish, I’d probably stop eating fish and eat the lab-fish instead.