Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

You can allegedly bake in an instant pot too.

There is a really tasty sounding cinnamon banana french toast recipe for it I want to try next week.

Included

Instant Pot Banana French Toast Recipe
Instant-Pot-Pressure-Cooker-Banana-French-Toast-Living-Locurto-267x400.jpg
Save
4.27 from 38 votes
Print
Instant Pot Banana French Toast
Easy Cream Cheese Banana French Toast recipe for an Instant Potpressure cooker. A fast way to make french toast bake for breakfast.
Course Breakfast
Cuisine American
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings
Author LivingLocurto.com
Ingredients
  • 6 slices french bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
  • 4 bananas sliced
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup cream cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons butter chilled and sliced
  • 1/4 cup pecans chopped
  • Pure maple syrup optional
Instructions
  1. Slice french bread into cubes.
  2. Grease a 1 1/2 QT round baking dish or cake pan for the 8 qt Instant Pot. If you have a smaller pressure cooking pot, use a baking dish that will fit inside of the pot.
  3. Add a layer of bread to the bowl.
  4. Layer one sliced banana over the bread, then sprinkle one tablespoon of brown sugar over the bananas.
  5. In a microwave, melt the cream cheese 30-45 seconds until it’s creamy enough to spread. Cover the bananas and bread with cream cheese.
  6. Add the rest of the bread to the bowl and layer one more sliced banana over the bread.
  7. Sprinkle one tablespoon of brown sugar over the bananas and half of the pecans over the top.
  8. Place sliced butter pieces over the bread as the top layer.
  9. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Whisk milk, white sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon into egg mixture.
  10. Pour egg mixture over the bread, making sure to coat the bread well.
  11. Pour 3/4 cup water into the pressure cooker pot and place a trivet or pot lifter in the bottom of the pot. If you don’t have a trivet to lift the pan out of the hot pressure cooker, make a sling out of of a large foil strip.
  12. Center the pan on the trivet or foil strip and lower it into the pressure cooker.
  13. Lock the lid in place. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 25 minutes. If using an Instant Pot, select the porridge button, then add 5 minutes to the cook time.
  14. When timer goes off, turn off the pressure cooker and turn the steam release valve to “venting” to release the pressure. Keep french toast pan in pressure cooker to warm for 5 minutes before removing lid. After 5 minutes and the pressure valve has dropped, remove lid and remove dish from pressure cooking pot.
  15. Let set for another 5 minutes, then top with sliced bananas, nuts and maple syrup before serving.
Recipe Notes
20 minutes cooking time will be fine if you are short on time!
Want a crispy topping? Put the dish under the broiler in the oven for 4-5 minutes to brown the top.
Did this recipe come out soggier than shown in my photos? It could be several reasons such as brand of pressure cooker, size of eggs, type of bread… when this happens, you can add more time to the pressure cooker or bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 extra minutes or until completely cooked through.

Why all of these websites feel the need to share some 'LIFE CHANGING STORY' about their use of smoothies when all I want is a god damned simple ass starting recipe is beyond me, but it's every fucking smoothies website in existence that does it.
I found a mommy-blogger instant pot yogurt recipe page that had like several different pictures of yogurt served up in wine glasses, surrounded by tea light candles and blueberries, propped up on what was probably a white tablecloth with a stack of books under it, all taken with a f/1.8 lens with piles of bokeh.

Ingredients: 4L milk, bit of yogurt from the store to inoculate it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I found a mommy-blogger instant pot yogurt recipe page that had like several different pictures of yogurt served up in wine glasses, surrounded by tea light candles and blueberries, propped up on what was probably a white tablecloth with a stack of books under it, all taken with a f/1.8 lens with piles of bokeh.

I'm glad you survived it. That sounds like it could cause a seizure if experienced by a mortal.

Ctrl-f, start typing "ingredients"

Maybe hit F3 a few times to get past the BUT I ONLY BUY THE FRESHEST FARM FRESH INGREDIENTS FOR MY INNOCENT PRECIOUS HOMESCHOOLED BABIES matches.

It's such a routine now.

Also, poke poke - laptops :)

Got your death stars in a box ready to mail, just waiting for this fucking Canada Post strike to be done with.

and 8 pages of irrelevant story and posting before the damn recipe.

I'm guilty of it with some of the food threads posted here, but generally it's 10 pages of pictures of the method, instead of my fucking life story.

I'm guilty of it with some of the food threads posted here, but generally it's 10 pages of pictures of the method, instead of my fucking life story.
I can dig it here. When I post a recipe it is usually one that is important to me for some reason and I like to share that as well as the meal.
If you're doing that while posting recipes on a blog you should run backwards, naked, through a field of dicks

Why all of these websites feel the need to share some 'LIFE CHANGING STORY' about their use of smoothies when all I want is a god damned simple ass starting recipe is beyond me, but it's every fucking smoothies website in existence that does it.
I do my own fruit selection. The key is to freeze the fruit first. I've got a freezer full of bananas, strawberries, & blueberries. You don't have to worry about it spoiling. Add any variety of that with coconut water & the protein powder of your choice = delish. Throw in some peanut butter for fun if you want. It's like 5 servings of fruit.

I haven't figured out any easy decent veggie smoothies yet.

anyone have a 'good' breakfast sausage recipe? This weekend, I used alton browns & the allrecipes.com top one & they're both good, but not amazing. BUT - I used a 4lb pork loin and a 12oz package of bacon, both through the grinder. They're lean.

Is there a big difference between adding more natural pork fat vs. just adding lard?

ftr, the Alton Brown recipe is 10x better after 2 days later in the fridge. Still needs a little salt.

my allrecipes.com batch is waiting in the freezer.