Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

My "sans francs sous vide" is just a crock pot and a PID controller. The PID is now in a proper box with a relay and the crock pot is now a bigger one, but same shit really.

o125YF2.jpg

You don't need a pump. The crock pot heats the inner pot from all sides, and natural convection/thermal conductivity of the water are good enough to keep the temperature of the water bath uniform enough. Just make sure your food doesn't touch the bottom or sides of the pot, it's easy enough to prop up the food from underneath by laying a couple forks on their side or whatever on the bottom.

The original "sous vide supreme" machines (like I think @tre has) don't have a pump either.
I do have one - I like it for longer cooks as it's better insulated, but you're limited by the size of it, but the Anovas do have a max recommended container size as well, but that size is probably a bit bigger. I got my Sous Vide Supreme before immersion circulators were readily available in the $100 range.

To use a bigger container. More capacity.
Then I'd think you could - BUT - you'd have to test each one separately first. They literally need to be the exact same temp or after the water reaches the desired temp the one that's slightly hotter will be the one maintaining the temp.

That could also be a benefit. Two units bring the water up to temp then one automatically shuts off because the other is heating the water to a slightly hotter temp.

Is this the food thread?

Who knows.

Anyways, what are the dinner staples in your home?

Does @tre whip up a seven course meal for his family every night?

Does @Mikeawesome eat that burnt ramen?

Perhaps @Maureen just leaves her kid alone while she waddles across the street to Taco Bell?

Just curious as I'm bored with the usual stuff I make and want some creative and quick stuff. We make dinner every night unless we go out for some special reason.

Is this the food thread?

Who knows.

Perhaps @Maureen just leaves her kid alone while she waddles across the street to Taco Bell?

Just curious as I'm bored with the usual stuff I make and want some creative and quick stuff. We make dinner every night unless we go out for some special reason.
I eat steak well done with ketchup

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I make this once every two or three weeks. Originated with Dad and has become a good leftover meal. I always go with the Poblano instead of the bell pepper. For every 0.75-1.0 lb of chicken, half a large bell pepper, half a yellow or vidalia onion.

Saute' thin strips of bell pepper and yellow onions in olive oil, with ground garlic, until the onions are just clarified. (when I say thin, I mean thin, maybe 1/8") Remove the veggies and set aside

Saute thinly sliced chicken tenderloins with green chiles, chili powder, cumin, salt, a touch of ground sage, and little chopped cilantro. When the chicken is half cooked, add approx a cup of good green salsa.

Add veggies back in. Thicken slightly with cornstarch if needed, top with slices of pepperjack or monterey jack.

Note: Poblano peppers can be substituted for the bell pepper if a little more heat is desired. Scrape out the seeds, but leave the white veins in the pepper, and delete the can of green chiles.

I've got a couple others, I'll look through the recipes and see what there is. There's a putanesca sauce I really like, but it's too damn salty to have more than once every 2-3 months.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
Is this the food thread?

Who knows.

Are you stage 7?

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
I have no real staples. We eat tacos in some form pretty regularly lately but I tired of food easily so I’m always mixing things up. I have multiple Pinterest boards I save things to so I can meal plan from them.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and APRIL
Is this the food thread?

Who knows.

For the kids:
Fishsticks
Hotdogs
Spaghetti
For the adults:
Rice
Stirfry
Fish
Pork

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer