Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

Saw an interesting post about this the other day.

If you can make lab-grown meat from animal cells, then you can make lab-grown meat from HUMAN cells. So...

Would you eat a lab-grown “people burger”? If it turned out that you enjoyed the taste of human meat, would the only thing preventing you from canibalism be the moral/social hang-up?
No.
My kids are cannibals, I'm not.

I'd feed it to the kids tho :)

If you can make lab-grown meat from animal cells, then you can make lab-grown meat from HUMAN cells. So...

Would you eat a lab-grown “people burger”? If it turned out that you enjoyed the taste of human meat, would the only thing preventing you from canibalism be the moral/social hang-up?
I'd have no issue or hangup about it either way. The actual amount of "from the human" cells would probably be less than a small skin flake, if even that. It would just be another variety of lab grown protein. You'd need to try different people to come up with different flavor profiles. It's Friday, I feel like having some Mexican.
toserveman-300x293.jpg

yvvIgM9h.jpg

http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/bioreaction

@poptartdaddy I'm pretty sure that we've generally found feeding animals, including humans, their own flesh can have some pretty negative consequences.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I'm pretty sure I've read about all sorts of weird shit happening. :iono:
The mad cow and related ills. All easily tested for - I mean hell, it is being grown and multiplied in a lab. Theoretically ;)

Eww - blackmarket lab grown meat would be REAL.

Last edited:
That was the whole mad cow thing. Cows were being fed there dead because it was cheaper.

Or something.
They were being feed the offal - guts and brains. Ingesting raw nerve and brain tissue leads to the spread of prion diseases like Mad Cow.
" In a non-fiction narrative that reads like a medical thriller, Richard Rhodes follows virus hunters on three continents as they track the emergence of a deadly new brain disease that first kills cannibals ... Google Books
https://g.co/kgs/LGBDs3

@poptartdaddy I'm pretty sure that we've generally found feeding animals, including humans, their own flesh can have some pretty negative consequences.

I thought that was mainly because of the organs being eaten. If you just created some artificial muscle, not sure why the fact that it came from human DNA would be a concern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought that was mainly because of the organs being eaten. If you just created some artificial muscle, not sure why the fact that it came from human DNA would be a concern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Keep reading. I was wrong, as it apparently happens (by design) in nature all the time. :D

So, I'm thinking of bringing this, Orecchiette with Sausage and Chard, to the campout as a side instead of a main dish. It looks good, sounds good, but I didn't know what peppadew peppers were.

bigger pic for recipe: >

peppadew peppers: $4.50/jar

0654287000026_a1c1_0600.png

So I got them. :drool:

a little like sweet red bell peppers, a little stronger in flavor, AND a little heat. Just enough heat to let you know it's there on purpose, but the heat doesn't stick around in your mouth too long.

I could eat these right out of the jar, & can't wait to make that recipe.

hat tip to @Valve1138 for milkstreet lead ages ago!

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138 and APRIL