Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

gee

Blame It On The Gassa Nova
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
Marklar
20,346.30₥
That just seems like a bad idea if that board was stored or shipped underneath some pressure treated wood or God knows what else.
It comes on a pallet with a bunch of other cedar wood from the cedar sawmill.

Even if it came in contact with pressure treated wood somehow, almost all new PT wood is treated with copper azole, which you can pretty much eat. CCA pressure treated wood has been banned for >10 years.

HipHugHer

Pooter Mario Brother
Apr 18, 2016
Marklar
57,775.95₥
I'm sure his cedar fence board has been weathered enough over umpteen years it's just fine.

Hint:. There's a reason cedar fence posts are coveted down here. They're naturally bug and rot resistant (natural oils). No chemical treating needed. Just don't burn too many in the fireplace.

Gravies: Jehannum

Jehannum

Never Met a Sandwich He'd Not Fuck
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Marklar
61,312.91₥
I'm sure his cedar fence board has been weathered enough over umpteen years it's just fine.

Hint:. There's a reason cedar fence posts are coveted down here. They're naturally bug and rot resistant (natural oils). No chemical treating needed. Just don't burn too many in the fireplace.
Yep. This particular set of pickets had been unfinished and left in the sun for 15 years. I have them because they make great fire starters. The fence in question got blown down, and was replaced by a concrete wall.

Gravies: HipHugHer

fly

Osharts 11
Oct 1, 2004
Marklar
35,601.67₥
Steam
mattressfish
It comes on a pallet with a bunch of other cedar wood from the cedar sawmill.

Even if it came in contact with pressure treated wood somehow, almost all new PT wood is treated with copper azole, which you can pretty much eat. CCA pressure treated wood has been banned for >10 years.
Then the God knows what else clause of my post still stands. Home Depot generally isn't a place I would purchase food grade items. Obviously, do whatever you'd like though...

Gravies: Ledboots

Valve1138

Resembles a tumblr page of ranch dressing recipes
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Marklar
43,985.66₥
Bought 6 pounds of ground beef at Sams.

Used half for homemade'ish meat sauce. Used garden oregano, basil, and peppers, with canned crushed tomatoes.

Used the other half with the burger press I've had forever, and never used. We'll have some tonight and the rest will go in the freezer.

Gravies: Amstel and fly

Amstel

The Hoarse Whisperer
Jul 12, 2009
you're a whore, but in a good way. Kindof.
Marklar
30,322.00₥
Whelp, I made zucchini & onions last night. Super easy, & delish.

I made enough planning to have several more days worth. Then, Ate.It.All.

I posted this a long time ago,

smaller zucchinis (the skins aren't bitter when they're smaller), cut in half lengthwise, and those halves lengthwise. You should have 4 long 1/4s. Slice those about a pencil-width thick, toss in a pot. add about 50% chopped onions, cover and put on the stove on low (you can add a tiny bit of h2o if you want, but it's not needed. 25-30 mins later, it's almost limp. S&P, then add a fist full of parmesan cheese. Some people like to add a little chopped tomatos or tomato sauce. [The 'fam' recipe includes tomatoes but my daughter wasn't big on tomatoes when I first made it so I just left it out. Pretty fucking good without tomatoes!]

Moar Parmesan at the table to put on top!

Super easy.

Last edited: