Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

Isn't there some balance thing Vietnamese cuisine tries to achieve? Certain foods are served at certain times of the year, and certain flavors are served with other balancing flavors?

There was one idiot I was stationed with that was a horrible mechanic, but married a Vietnamese woman and brought in stuff she cooked to every potluck (his one redeeming feature.) He talked my ear off about the above and the one thing I really remember is how, because of the above, bitter or sour foods are more likely to be spicy.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Isn't there some balance thing Vietnamese cuisine tries to achieve? Certain foods are served at certain times of the year, and certain flavors are served with other balancing flavors?

There was one idiot I was stationed with that was a horrible mechanic, but married a Vietnamese woman and brought in stuff she cooked to every potluck (his one redeeming feature.) He talked my ear off about the above and the one thing I really remember is how, because of the above, bitter or sour foods are more likely to be spicy.

Maybe that has something to do with it?
Possibly, as Vietnamese cuisine is heavily influenced by the French who were foodies way before there were foodies.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor