Food UF Fart Group? - EAT YOUR PEAS

We had an office potluck breakfast, you should have seen them line up. :barf:

tkDf713.gif

these looked amazing on the FB link.

http://realhousemoms.com/low-carb-cauliflower-breadsticks/

did not disappoint.

the 'spread out into a 9x7 rectangle' ends up actually being 'mash it down into a 1/2" thick rectangle'

BUT - it's nothing like garlicky, buttery, cheesy 'breadsticks.'

I want to look up the recipe for the cauliflower pizza dough next to see if it's 'closer.' Otherwise, it's just a thin layer of a vegetable held together with an egg with pizza toppings on top.

did not disappoint.

the 'spread out into a 9x7 rectangle' ends up actually being 'mash it down into a 1/2" thick rectangle'

I want to look up the recipe for the cauliflower pizza dough next to see if it's 'closer.' Otherwise, it's just a thin layer of a vegetable held together with an egg with pizza toppings on top.
Cauliflower "mashed potatoes" are good.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and APRIL

did not disappoint.

The pizza dough is thin crust, the flavor is what herbs you toss in it mostly. Lots of work though. :hs:

I have not been able to make them the same at home though, but then I'm not big on frying shit so I roasted them. Still tastes good, but doesn't hold the sauce as well.

So Terrapin has a contest coming up at WOB to make a dessert with their Wake N Bake oatmeal stout. I think I'm going to make a cheesecake with an oatmeal stout reduction drizzled on top.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL
So Terrapin has a contest coming up at WOB to make a dessert with their Wake N Bake oatmeal stout. I think I'm going to make a cheesecake with an oatmeal stout reduction drizzled on top.

i personally think you should endeavor to use the stout as a main part of the dessert, rather than drizzled on top like a garnish.

I'll throw this out there, something I made a few months ago.

Had about 1/3 growler of Good Robot's Tom Waits stout in my fridge that had gone flat, decided to try something with it. Combined a few recipes found online into a bit of an experiment.

Ingredients:
  • one "heaping pint" of tom waits stout, reduced to 1/3c (see below)
  • 1c flour
  • 1c cocoa
  • 2 tsp instant coffee
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 4 eggs
  • 1c brown sugar
  • 1c/8oz/240g butter
  • 8oz/240g unsweetened chocolate
  • 4oz/120g or 1/2c chocolate chips to sprinkle on top.
Directions:
  • Boil stout down to about 1/3 cup in a medium sized pot on the stovetop. Pro-tip: use a kitchen scale, weigh the empty pot, add 80g/3oz to this number and write it down. Add the beer and simmer until the pot + beer reduction weighs the number you wrote down. Clean the pot when you're done, you'll need it again.
  • Line a 9x9 square pan with tin foil and grease it with cooking spray, melted butter or whatever. Turn on oven to 325F.
  • Sift flour/cocoa/instant coffee/salt together in a small bowl, set aside.
  • Beat eggs and sugar together in a big bowl, set aside.
  • Melt butter in the pot over medium heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Let cool to a reasonable temperature so you don't cook the eggs in the next step - if you can hold your finger in it for a few seconds, it's fine.
  • Gradually pour butter/choc mixture into egg/sugar mixture, stirring constantly.
  • Stir in beer reduction.
  • Stir in flour mixture, mix until well blended.
  • Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
  • Bake 20-25 minutes until you get a clean toothpick in the center of the pan.
End result is a dirty, smoky, not-too-sweet brownie. I'm happy with the outcome.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and fly
The other idea I'd do would be to make a beer custard pie. Think lemon meringue pie or pudding pie, but made with a stout reduction. It'd taste bitter by itself, but if you threw it in a bowl with some vanilla ice cream to counterbalance it you might get something good.

This would be much more "beer forward" than the brownies.