Thread UCF student tried to do school shooting

That's the thing though, anyone that is a loose cannon isn't going to have the patience to go through all the shit necessary to get a CCW. They are going to bring a gun on campus and be an idiot.
My comment was in reply to an assertion that all should be armed. If all are automatically armed, no ccw is necessary.

Mainly because you'll end up with people that just plain don't feel comfortable with guns, people that have not accepted the responsibility of carrying one. I understand what it means, I know the laws and have judged myself capable of staying within those laws when it comes to using a firearm to protect myself and others. I hope to never have to do so, but I understand it and have accepted the fact that it might happen.

:lol: at waw thinking if it was legal everyone would carry.

just takes the knowledge of knowing someone MIGHT be armed to avoid these mass shootings. in colorado a theater was targeted because there are multiple targets in a no gun zone, guy even said as much. in nebraska a mall was targeted because multiple targets, no gun zone. sandy hook guy obviously went after a elementary because no guns, no resistance.

18 year olds cannot legally own a pistol! Hooray, we don't have to worry about that! What other arguments do you have?

You have to be at least 21 to own a pistol, and 21 to have a CCW.
And you forget how many 18-19 year olds I have met that have their heads screwed on tight, and their sh*t together.

18 year olds can own handguns, and in fact a 10 year old can own a handgun as long as mom or dad say so in writing.

The 21 year age requirement also only applies to federally licensed firearms dealers. You can go to any gun show and buy a handgun legally from a private seller at 18.