(U)seless (M)emebers (O)nly

yay or nay

• yes, an adult forum is okay with me

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • no, an adult forum is not okay with me

Votes: 25 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was my second suggestion trying to better translate what she said. It's correct though because "controversy is a noun in that case, one may say a thread is "filled" or "contains" something.

The first suggestion is closer to what she actually said, with "controversial" describing what is being disputed, i.e. the "topic", by the people in the thread.

NO ONE is arguing over the actual thread though. Which is what the original sentence means.

You see where I'm going?
You say something about everything grammar related. Then when challenged you gradually backpedal saying either a) It was style not grammar or b) I don't care. Nearly every post you make follows this pattern. It's grating. Pick a position.

You say something about everything grammar related. Then when challenged you gradually backpedal saying either a) It was style not grammar or b) I don't care. Nearly every post you make follows this pattern. It's grating. Pick a position.
Hmmm...

No, you say something about everything. Then when challenged you gradually backpedal saying either a) It were sarcasm or b) It's just my opinion. Nearly every post you make follows this pattern. It's grating. Pick a position.

You are trying to be popular. This would work on most other forums. There havent been any myspace threads here since you signed up though so it wasnt very obvious what the people here thought of it. Obviously they are a little more used to using tools on the internet for how they work vis a vis just following trends.

Want to try saying something original for once?

FlamingGlory said:
No, you say something about everything. Then when challenged you gradually backpedal saying either a) It were sarcasm or b) It's just my opinion. Nearly every post you make follows this pattern. It's grating. Pick a position.

You are trying to be popular. This would work on most other forums. There havent been any myspace threads here since you signed up though so it wasnt very obvious what the people here thought of it. Obviously they are a little more used to using tools on the internet for how they work vis a vis just following trends.

Want to try saying something original for once?
Can you say schizophrenia boys and girls? I knew that you could.

That was my second suggestion trying to better translate what she said. It's correct though because "controversy is a noun in that case, one may say a thread is "filled" or "contains" something.

The first suggestion is closer to what she actually said, with "controversial" describing what is being disputed, i.e. the "topic", by the people in the thread.

NO ONE is arguing over the actual thread though. Which is what the original sentence means.

You see where I'm going?

Yes of course. My point is that by definition "thread" simply indicates a string of posts. So that by arguing over the posts, you're arguing over the thread. So IF the posts were being argued it would be proper to say that the thread was controversial.

Yes of course. My point is that by definition "thread" simply indicates a string of posts. So that by arguing over the posts, you're arguing over the thread. So IF the posts were being argued it would be proper to say that the thread was controversial.

Quite.

Man, that bitch would probably correct sex talk.

FlamingGlory: "Oh baby, I'm gonna fuck you all over."
GrammarBitch: "Never end a sentence with a preposition."
FG: "Fine, I'm gonna fuck you good."
GB: "Well, not good."
FG: "Fuck, I'm flaccid now. Bitch. I'm gonna go take a drive on my asphalt paver."

:lol: