Hawt Two Good A2ACTU Control Incidents.

I don't think people realize how easy it would be for someone to fabricate their own gun with shit bought at home depot... So really, why try to control ownership, just gives the decent citizens an equal footing.

I have no such worries seeing as the man I co-habit with is highly trained in martial arts and fighting with weapons. Who needs guns when he's got two on his arms? :fly: Also I don't really care, I was using it as an example. We also have fire extinguishers etc. in the house for self defense, which is way more fun than a gun etc. etc. etc. :)

That was such a gross joke.

I wanted to circle back on this when I had more time....

Regardless of how tough your man thinks he is most fights boil down to one thing: Who is bigger.

That's why there are weight classes in every fighting sport, because 9 fights out of 10 end with the smaller guy unconscious. That's how it's been since the dawn of time, and that's why weapons, from pointed sticks to the hydrogen bomb, were invented. Weapons equalize the fight, thus taking the natural advantage away from the people who were born bigger and stronger.

Also, on the subject of a fire extinguisher or bat I'll say this:

1) What happens if there are two people attacking you?

2) How is a bat any different in terms of lethality ultimately? If you hit someone in the side of the head with a bat it will kill them just as easily as any bullet would. Why demonize guns but say that blunt objects are perfectly fine? You don't see that as silly?

3) If you've made the choice to not use a gun you've sub-consciously made the choice not to kill, and are therefore probably not going to be able use any weapon, whether that's a bat or whatever, when it comes down to it.

what do you use to carry it?

pics?

I carry with a kydex (hard plastic) in waist band holster at the "5 oclock" position (behind my back on the right side). After years of trying different types of holsters and positions I've found it's the best mix of comfort and accessibility. I can carry there for hours without any discomfort sitting, standing, walking, running, driving, whatever.

Last edited:
2) How is a bat any different in terms of lethality ultimately? If you hit someone in the side of the head with a bat it will kill them just as easily as any bullet would. Why demonize guns but say that blunt objects are perfectly fine? You don't see that as silly?

This I could see a little better. It's a lot harder to conceal a bat than a handgun. If someone's walking around with a baseball bat and isn't in uniform or carrying other baseball related gear, you're pretty much guaranteed that person is up to no good. (Yes he could have just bought that bat, but that's in the minority) When someone has a gun, you can't tell if they're law-abiding or not so if it's open carry, you have to question it.

This I could see a little better. It's a lot harder to conceal a bat than a handgun. If someone's walking around with a baseball bat and isn't in uniform or carrying other baseball related gear, you're pretty much guaranteed that person is up to no good. (Yes he could have just bought that bat, but that's in the minority) When someone has a gun, you can't tell if they're law-abiding or not so if it's open carry, you have to question it.

She was talking about in a home defense situation, not walking around out in public.

Just buy a gun. Stop being such a contrarian. No one is going to invade your home with a cricket bat. They may, however, come in with a pistol.

really? i say no guns. i saw enough guns growing up. and not little pistols, but huge ass machine guns and shit.

i think when someone has a gun in their possession ...only leads to temptation or a feeling of being superior by the power of the gun.

Do you think that of Zac and me? We have two handguns.

We've taken the concealed weapons class and go to the range periodically. We respect the weapon which many gangsters/children do not.

Its the environment you grow up in, I guess.

Do you think that of Zac and me? We have two handguns.

We've taken the concealed weapons class and go to the range periodically. We respect the weapon which many gangsters/children do not.

Its the environment you grow up in, I guess.

I didn't know you guys had two, when did you get a second one?

Thats the line of thinking from purple who have never been around guns. When you grow up around them and learn gun safety at an early age, you never even think about it, whether it's on you or not. If someone was truely paranoid, they could never be away from their gun.