Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

u_jelly_bro_by_fantasma2525-d3ic4ft.jpg

It's impossible for your Shameless to properly be associated with ours. You do not have British culture or Manchester so it's not the same show, it's just a rip off version.

For me, whether I can enjoy a show that started out elsewhere depends on how I first start to watch it.

I started Coupling as the British version, and loved it, and could see how awful the American version was by comparison.
I started watching The Office as the American version, like it, then got annoyed by it, and never bothered to watch the British version.

If anyone's worried about understanding accents, it gets much easier the more you watch. After a while you'll even catch yourself saying "oh, he's not British, he's definitely Scottish/Irish/Welsh (results vary depending on the actor).

As for understanding colloquialisms and country-specific japes, again it gets easier, or you learn to look stuff up that confuses you.

I don't watch a lot of current shows.
I watch The Following because I was curious, and I've stuck with it because I want to see what happens (and because apparently in the story everything is going down near my hometown), but I don't know that I'd recommend it.
I watch American Horror Story, and I watch Game of Thrones.

Outside of that, I mostly watch Jeopardy and whatever's on netflix instant.

I watch really, really crappy TV.

Law and Order SVU - I've seen EVERY episode.
Princess
Suze Orman Show
Once Upon a Time
Pawn Stars
Teen Mom

Seriously crappy TV shows. I know, I know.

I need Dexter to be available on iTunes so that I can catch up on last season.

Princess
Suze Orman Show
Once Upon a Time
Pawn Stars
Teen Mom

SVU :swoon:

Princess
Suze Orman Show
Once Upon a Time
Pawn Stars
Teen Mom

At the very least you should swap out Pawn Stars for American Pickers

Princess
Suze Orman Show
Once Upon a Time
Pawn Stars
Teen Mom

I have every episode of SVU for April. :(

Must watches:

1. Breaking Bad
2. Mad Men
3. Louie

Notables:

1. Modern Family
2. Game of Thrones (I like GoT for the most part, but I have yet to consider it a must watch. I'm not sure why it hasn't grabbed me. Tyrion Lannister is a fantastic and fantastically acted character and I put him up there with Alan Shore as an all time favorite. And yet we canceled HBO a couple months ago because it's mostly a f*cking terrible and expensive cable package. I will wait for the DVDs.)
3. Life's Too Short - Such a great show, but again we canceled HBO because 95% of the time it sucks ass.
4. Walking Dead - Weird show. I either really like it or it bores the holy sh*t out of me. I don't consider it must watch material, even though I generally love zombie and post-apocalyptic sh*t. Therefore I conclude that there is something wrong with it, and it probably has to do with its casting and production values. Too many boring interior locations and conversations and characters I don't care about. However I still watch it, and an extremely popular zombie show is always a good thing.
5. Up All Night was a personal, unlauded fave, but it's done now that Christina Applegate is quitting. Even if they recast her the show will never be the same.
6. Justified is fun, and the writing is generally good. But for the most part I have a hard time being pulled into it. And the dude's name sucks. Raylan Givens? You can't intimidate me with that contrived, p*ssy name.

Random musings:
1. Nashville is terrible, but I want Connie Britton to sit on my face so I tune in briefly when able and fantasize about her.
2. Shameless isn't on Netflix streaming yet. We may request the DVDs.
3. Homeland - What an overhyped show. I just can't get into it. None of the characters are interesting enough to follow, though it is well scripted.
4. Community is horrible this year. That show has really, really fallen from where it started out. The characters have become caricatures of themselves, with all of their quirks overly magnified.
5. Parks and Rec is still decent but not amazing.
6. I want to watch Girls, but I'm afraid of watching average people fumble through sexual encounters. Plus the whole HBO thing.
7. Sons of Anarchy - I feel like I should like this show. But I don't.
8. Boredwalk Empire - how it should have been spelled.
9. American Horror Story - what a cluster f*ck. 5 episodes in and I still couldn't figure out why I was watching it. But again, Connie Britton. Nom nom nom.

Last edited: