Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

I’ve noticed my TV habits getting even weirder since knowing how soon the clock is running out. I’m rewatching or making sure I catch certain shows, usually ones from my past and mostly from my teenage or twenties years.

I look forward to Emergency! every day now. The Waltons has fallen out of favor. Season two of True Detective on HBO kinda sucked. I still catch Adam-12 every evening. Today, the US Open will fill gaps between “my shows”.

Loki is excellent. I’m glad I can appreciate a show like that (and WandaVision) without being overly familiar with backstories and/or characters. Disney Ploos ain’t fuckin around.
Skip S2 of True Detective altogether. S3 is more true to what the show was supposed to be

Skip S2 of True Detective altogether. S3 is more true to what the show was supposed to be
Too late.I think I have five minutes of the last episode left. That’s how awful it was, I watched it yesterday and I’m unsure if I even finished it.

Season one was good. Now I’m not sure I want to take the time to see S3.

Just started watching Time, new BBC drama about prison starring Sean Bean. Seems exceedingly promising.

If yall haven't seen Line of Duty or The Fall (the latter starring a simmering gillian anderson) you need to fix that. Stat. 6 part BBC drama seasons always deliver.

I’ve noticed something about most of these ‘60s/‘70s/etc TV shows I’ve been watching. The first few seasons are strong as fuck then they take a turn towards stupid. Like, add a comedy relief cast member, or write differently, something, and they become unwatchable. That may be why I have memories of these shows being so goddamn bad but then I’m surprised when I watch the earlier ones.

“TV” is so saturated now with quality programming it’s impossible to be a ratings leader like some super crappy shows were in the ‘70s. What was a huge hit back then wouldn’t cut it today when you have a hundred choices compared to three.

The latest one I’ve noticed is The Six Million Dollar Man. It just started season one over again and it’s great! The ones from later in the series are just shit though. Interesting, to me anyhoo.

So, uhh... this is coming out soon
Apparently every gay character is voiced by a gay voice actor, was created by a gay guy, and a good amount of the creative staff is gay.

But it still came out looking like this.

I’ve noticed something about most of these ‘60s/‘70s/etc TV shows I’ve been watching. The first few seasons are strong as fuck then they take a turn towards stupid. Like, add a comedy relief cast member, or write differently, something, and they become unwatchable. That may be why I have memories of these shows being so goddamn bad but then I’m surprised when I watch the earlier ones.

“TV” is so saturated now with quality programming it’s impossible to be a ratings leader like some super crappy shows were in the ‘70s. What was a huge hit back then wouldn’t cut it today when you have a hundred choices compared to three.

The latest one I’ve noticed is The Six Million Dollar Man. It just started season one over again and it’s great! The ones from later in the series are just shit though. Interesting, to me anyhoo.
I, too have been watching older stuff.

"The Saint" which I never saw, but feels like endless good James Bond.

And Barney Miller, which is a re-watch since I saw them all with my dad. Definitely see the weird character switches you talk about there.

Superstore - 20minutes of heavenly good entertainment! binged all the seasons in the last few weeks and i cant think of anything lately in the last few years that has matched its comedy. Glad they wrapped it up when they did as it was getting weaker in the last few seasons.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and fly