Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

What are you missing?

It seems to somewhat be mirroring the House of M from the comics. Basically in the comics Wanda lost her kids and had a break from sanity. Her reality-bending powers went haywire and completely rewrote the world.
In the cinematic universe her brother and then her boyfriend Vision got killed. I haven't watched the most recent episode, but it appears that she's gone a bit crazy in the show and has resurrected Vision somehow and gathered other magic users for some reason

Missing? I’m unsure.

If I had to guess, I’d start with I don’t understand anything you posted after “What are you missing?”

I don’t know any of the characters. My introduction to them started the second WandaVision episode one began. Who is Wanda? I guess she may have been in an Avenger movie, which my only experience with is, I saw a movie called Civil War and it was one giant fight scene at an air strip with one liners between punches. Bam! “Are we still friends?” Bam! Huh?

But there are clues in WamdaVision about their pasts, like she was a terrorist who The Avengers turned into a good guy.

My Marvel Universe experience is so limited, I may as well be a beginner. I saw two Ironman movies, maybe three Spider-Mans, and I know there were comics but I never read one. And Bill Bixby was the Hulk.

Missing? I’m unsure.

If I had to guess, I’d start with I don’t understand anything you posted after “What are you missing?”

I don’t know any of the characters. My introduction to them started the second WandaVision episode one began. Who is Wanda? I guess she may have been in an Avenger movie, which my only experience with is, I saw a movie called Civil War and it was one giant fight scene at an air strip with one liners between punches. Bam! “Are we still friends?” Bam! Huh?

But there are clues in WamdaVision about their pasts, like she was a terrorist who The Avengers turned into a good guy.

My Marvel Universe experience is so limited, I may as well be a beginner. I saw two Ironman movies, maybe three Spider-Mans, and I know there were comics but I never read one. And Bill Bixby was the Hulk.
To get caught up, at a minimum you should watch:
Iron Man 1
Capt America
(maybe this one) Cap America, Winter Soldier
Avengers, Age of Ultron (first appearance of Wanda and her brother)
Cap America, Civil War
Infinity War 1 and 2

With that, you'll roughly have enough background to know enough about the characters to follow along and piece together what else is going on. You'll miss a lot of hidden references and such, but that's to be expected. Hell, I miss them sometimes and I grew up in this shit

You pretty much have all of it. What follows is spoilers.
Basically: Wanda and her brother, Pietro/Quicksilver, grew up in Sokovia. Their parents were killed by a bomb made by Stark Industries, the company owned by Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. They became freedom fighters, signed up to have experiments done on them, and other shit. They became super villains because of this and fought the Avengers, then saw the error of their ways and joined the Avengers. Pietro got killed, Wanda went on to do the Avengers thing.
She meets Vision, they get their groove on, she's relatively happy. Thanos shows up in the Infinity Wars movies and kills Vision and half of all life in the universe, including Wanda. Five years later, the Avengers undo what Thanos did (remember when Rambeau wakes up in the hospital? She sort of sees herself being built from dust? That's undoing Thanos' work) Thanos killing everyone is called The Snap, everyone coming back is called The Blip.
Wanda's first act upon coming back was to steal Vision's body, then hijack Westview, NJ and bring him back to life so they could be happy.

That's basically everything leading up to the first episode of the show.

What's interesting to all the comic geeks is that in the most recent episode Wanda brought Pietro back to life. However it is not the Pietro everyone knows, rather it is the Pietro from the Sony Marvel Universe. The SNU has the X-Men, Fantastic Four, and did have Spider-Man, although Spidey is now shared across both universes. The geeks are excited because they see this as having the X-Men and mutants come to the MCU.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
I’m just trying to get used to my feeling that Ben Afleck is the best Batman so far.

Thanks for the explanation bro. I think I’ve seen some of those Marvel movies but our brains sometimes dictates what it deems important and dumps the rest. I saw Captain America, and I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy I&II. I’ve seen GoG2 about ten times.

You know, I’m gonna take your advice granted I live awhile. But I just signed up for HBO Max and need to watch GOT to see what the deal is.

I’m just trying to get used to my feeling that Ben Afleck is the best Batman so far.

Thanks for the explanation bro. I think I’ve seen some of those Marvel movies but our brains sometimes dictates what it deems important and dumps the rest. I saw Captain America, and I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy I&II. I’ve seen GoG2 about ten times.

You know, I’m gonna take your advice granted I live awhile. But I just signed up for HBO Max and need to watch GOT to see what the deal is.
Nah bro, Bale is awesome. Then maybe Keaton.

Don't worry yourself on GoT. The 7th season is meh, and the 8th season is just plain bad. There are better series to watch

Nah bro, Bale is awesome. Then maybe Keaton.

Don't worry yourself on GoT. The 7th season is meh, and the 8th season is just plain bad. There are better series to watch

Bale did set the bar really high, and he’s still my favorite but after seeing Batman v SuperDuper, Afleck is a fuckin’ beast. And I like his voice manipulator thing over Bale’s nose mitten disguise.

Batman was my guy in comics as a youth and the original series never sat well with me, even when it originally aired. Too campy. I was okay with Keaton’s portrayal even though there was so much corn in the film. But I digress.

Disney Ploos has a lot of Marvel stuff so when my drug intake is less, I’ll likely watch. I’m still taking more than I’m comfy with but far less than advised. Brain fuck.

I watched some of Wrecked based on @JAXvillain 's suggestion. I then deleted in from my Plex server and zeroed out my drive. I restored from an earlier backup. Hopefully, my other content wasn't spoiled.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Did anyone else watch 'Swedish Dicks'? Did I already ask this? Fucking hysterical. Peter Stormare is amazing in comedy.

Finally got around to finishing Discovery yesterday. Based on how they wrapped it up, it seemed I was watching the show finale. Glad to read that I wasn't. That show is really good.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi