Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

ah right, we're in the tv thread.

haven't had the time to watch tv in a week or two now but eventually want to sit down and tackle GoT. still haven't watched a single episode. maybe this summer.

gotta catch up on mr robot before s4.

YOU'RE the other person? Nice to finally meet you!

I've always wanted to watch it but it always seemed like too grandiose an undertaking. I'm also far too lazy to commit to anything that isn't on netflix and requires actively seeking out each single episode.

• Gravy
Reactions: Amstel
it's funny--I went into school hoping to come out and start working my way to the c-suite. I wanted the money, I wanted the flashy financial district office, I wanted the condo downtown.

over 4 years I've grown to despise the commerce/finance world and treasure my time in academia. wish I was better equipped to stay in research and go the masters/phd route.

not all "success" is big business.
Success is measured by little people with squeaky voices who call you Daddy.

argh, my kid keeps watching these Minecraft choose your own adventure things on Netflix since I banned him from the game (his grades are shit), and I keep catching snippets from Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt, thinking he's watching something a lot more adult than he actually is.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mean Mr. Mustard
argh, my kid keeps watching these Minecraft choose your own adventure things on Netflix since I banned him from the game (his grades are shit), and I keep catching snippets from Brian Posehn and Patton Oswalt, thinking he's watching something a lot more adult than he actually is.
fortunately that show doesnt work on our tv

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I know this (and other things) make me appear to be a 12-year old, but I love Gotham.

When it began, my only gripe was the casting of a bird boy as Bruce Wayne, but I got used to him for the most part. I think it’s one of the best shows on “regular” TV.

That being said, episode 100 is approaching and that’s it. :confused:

Sex
Death
Robots

Weird animated sci-fi short-story series on netflix
Kind of cyber-punk anime
Its fuckin wierd. I like it so far but Ive only seen the first 3 or so

I’m up t episode 9 or 10 I think. They go quick.

Animation is getting weird. Some of it almost looks like live action with humans, or human actors animated later like that Scanner Darkly thing.

Some are good, others, not so much.

I’m up t episode 9 or 10 I think. They go quick.

Animation is getting weird. Some of it almost looks like live action with humans, or human actors animated later like that Scanner Darkly thing.

Some are good, others, not so much.
A Scanner Darkly is one of my favorite sci-fi novels of all time. I have really mixed feelings about the way they handled the film. The film wasn't bad, but the live action animation was extremely distracting.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Hap and Leonard.

Two thumbs up. Almost done with season two and I heard season three is a letdown. We’ll see.

OMG, James May's Porsche 917 bit on the Grand Tour tonight was fucking awesome.

In fact, both of my favorite bits so far (astronaut Corvettes and Porsche 917) have been May pieces.