Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

My wife works for a USA & Canadian Network doing marketing analysis ... so we have cable tv ... tv through the internet/Bell Fibe & some other satellite channel thing for her to watch shows.

Its all paid for by her company ... we estimate if we had to pay for all these services from these different company's we'd be paying $1200 or more a month.
Geezus dude! lol

Well ya, who would deny the freeness of that! :)

And if you set it up like I have, I have my PC as my TV "tuner". Windows Media Center for Netflix / music, XBMC for all of my downloaded shows / movies, all hooked up to my 39" LG LED TV, all controlled by a Windows Media remote control. The only time I have to use the mouse is if I want to watch a sporting event. The audio is set up through a 7.1 surround sound video card and a $100 set of 5.1 surround sound Logitech speakers.

It sounds like a fucking theater in my apartment. And it's all relatively free.

firstrowsports.eu
Nerdy trick that works for a lot of sites that have ad's that cover the whole screen or get upset when you use an adblocker:

Hit F12
Find the Div that highlights the top layer of the site (this site says adblock on it)
Type display: none on the right hand side

Boom, view the site without having to turn off adblocker so no ad's on the site.

Sigh. /nerd

And if you set it up like I have, I have my PC as my TV "tuner". Windows Media Center for Netflix / music, XBMC for all of my downloaded shows / movies, all hooked up to my 39" LG LED TV, all controlled by a Windows Media remote control. The only time I have to use the mouse is if I want to watch a sporting event. The audio is set up through a 7.1 surround sound video card and a $100 set of 5.1 surround sound Logitech speakers.

Same here, we use XBMC (or whatever the fuck they call it now) all of its housed on the home server.

Geezus dude! lol

Well ya, who would deny the freeness of that! :)

You should see me when she has to watch shows like HoneyFatBoobBoob or Gypsy Sisters ... I wanna die !

I make her use headphones to listen because I can't handle listening to all the screaming these losers on the shows produce.

They are like angry cows ... with southern accents.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL

We use Media Browser 3 for downloads. That way F33n can just stick with one app. Makes for a much happier wife :)

I spent an entire weekend trying to get Netflix to work in XBMC. If that worked I would have had everything all in one place. But alas, it did not. It's been a few months though and I know that was one of the higher priorities in the programming of the new version, so maybe I should download the beta and run it side by side to see if the Netflix is working in the beta version... Is Media Browser 3 compatible with Windows Media Center Remotes?

Yeeeesssssss! CouchPotato?
I've had hit and miss luck with CouchPotato. Quite honestly, I'd much rather do those searches myself. It's not like I need to have a constant search for updated episodes or anything.

And SAB is set up to identify certain types of media and place them in corresponding folders which are then automatically loaded into the correct sections of XBMC. All flawless and seamlessly integrated.

I've had hit and miss luck with CouchPotato. Quite honestly, I'd much rather do those searches myself. It's not like I need to have a constant search for updated episodes or anything.

And SAB is set up to identify certain types of media and place them in corresponding folders which are then automatically loaded into the correct sections of XBMC. All flawless and seamlessly integrated.
CP works best when you add the NZBtoMedia python scripts. It automatically checks the automated downloads for fakes.