Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

40da16c0a32611e3978a12c5ded3f1d9_8.jpg

So, I haven't watched the show, but I did catch some something during one of the commercials for it.

Is Norman really banging his mom?

Not really sure I get why HoC is so well regarded. Plot line is pretty sinister and intricut (omg how do you spell that??? mind fart!) but the characters are devoid of any likeabiliy and Frank is just a 100% bullying asshole. Hmmm, is this just another BB where I dont like any characters so can't see why it's popular? Someone explain what it is they like please.

I felt that way about Breaking Bad too. I want to like it because everyone was like "This is the best!" but I don't care about any of the people. House of Cards for me is different because I love political drama and it's often dirty so it's what I expected. I expected to care that some guy had cancer and wanted to take care of his family, but I don't because he's such a douche and his family isn't any better.

Honestly I haven't once thought about them being caught, and I'd be glad if Frank did tbh because he's just a distasteful bully. Will still watch seeason 2 to see what happens though.

And no I haven't.

It is called House of Cards. I can only assume it will all fall apart in the end.

I generally choose what to watch based on the lighting and camera work rather than the plot or acting.

I have some friends in "the industry" that will watch films or shows for this reason, but I don't get it.

I felt that way about Breaking Bad too. I want to like it because everyone was like "This is the best!" but I don't care about any of the people. House of Cards for me is different because I love political drama and it's often dirty so it's what I expected. I expected to care that some guy had cancer and wanted to take care of his family, but I don't because he's such a douche and his family isn't any better.

It is called House of Cards. I can only assume it will all fall apart in the end.

I have some friends in "the industry" that will watch films or shows for this reason, but I don't get it.

In truth, I can be a bit of a nerd sometimes. Whenever I used to arrive at a club, I'd check out the lighting and sound system rather than the bar babes. ( Has to say that in case NME reads this)

I remember really liking Tears for Fears. They had some great music. In fact, I can't remember a bad song on Songs from the Big Chair

I used to have an enormous painting the drummer from Tears For Fears (Manny) did (don't ask, yes I knew the band, mostly Roland). It was about 6ft wide by 4ft tall and all greens. He never told me what it was supposed to be so I used to make it up when asked. Regularly I told people it was the Cuban uprising, just before they uprose, and people would nod knowingly. Alternatively I'd say, the artist described it as 'green' and I think that sums it up well. The one and only time tardwife smoked anything it was a spliff at a Mexican party I arranged and she pinned me up against the painting for half an hour staring at my eyes while everyone else politely ignored my predicament. I got rid of the painting shortly after. A good decision I feel.