Food TV shows that you may not be watching but should be

august

I’m always wet in my basement area
Sep 23, 2006
Marklar
₥13,549
To me, it felt like gothy Nancy Drew and not like the Addams Family other than the characters' names. It was a great show, just not what I would expect.
yeah I've also seen people call it goth Harry Potter :lol:

I think it's a tough situation because like, if it is set up like Addams Family, then it's Addams Family and not Wednesday, so it was bound to be at least a little different just by nature of shifting the focus. it didn't have to be a spoopy mystery, but I think if it wasn't mystery it would have leaned more heavily on the drama/romance part, rather than having that be kind of a subplot that related back to the mystery.

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥1,181
yeah I've also seen people call it goth Harry Potter :lol:

I think it's a tough situation because like, if it is set up like Addams Family, then it's Addams Family and not Wednesday, so it was bound to be at least a little different just by nature of shifting the focus. it didn't have to be a spoopy mystery, but I think if it wasn't mystery it would have leaned more heavily on the drama/romance part, rather than having that be kind of a subplot that related back to the mystery.
I just kept thinking "Since when did Wednesday Addams ever care if one of her family members was a murderer? Isn't that kind-of their MO?"

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor

august

I’m always wet in my basement area
Sep 23, 2006
Marklar
₥13,549
I just kept thinking "Since when did Wednesday Addams ever care if one of her family members was a murderer? Isn't that kind-of their MO?"
yeah that part did sit weird, like SHE essentially tried to murder a guy in the first episode