TV Selection help

dbzeag

Wants to kiss you where it stinks
Jun 9, 2006
Marklar
₥1,014
My coworker wants a new TV but she is having a tough time finding one.

Her criteria is that she has $500 to spend and the TV has to fit in an entertainment center that is only 29" wide. HD capable would be nice. CRT would be preferred.

Anyone have any suggestions?

She's worried about reliability and the fact CRT is cheaper from what she has seen.

So she isn't worried about having to buy a new TV on Feb. 17, 2009? She's probably right about it being cheaper, but the reliablity thing is bunk. LCDs and plasmas are pretty damn good now a days. Tell her just to go to the store and buy whatever is on sale, because no one is really putting much effort into CRT anymore. They're all essentially equal is quality.

Last edited:
That won't work. That is 30.3" wide. She needs less than 29"

does the armoire have retractable doors or anything? Make sure you measure from bracket to bracket, rather than from door to door. I almost got screwed when I ordered my 32" CRT TV online, It shipped, I was supposed to have about 2 inches on each side in the armoire with the doors retracted. Thing is, the metal joints/hinges/whatever poked in beyond the door. I only had .75" clearance on each side of a 135lb. T.V. That was a bitch to get in when I only weigh 145lbs. and the armoire made me pick the T.V. up to chest height.