Trust

I trust IBWIP alot. He'd never do anything to intentionally hurt me. He loves me more than anything. He makes me feel special every day. I have no reason to question it anymore. I see no reason for jealousy either. If he really wants to go out and do the horizontal mambo with somebody else, so be it. I hope he has a good time. I would forgive him and we would move on and be happy together.

I think the reason people don't trust each other is out of fear. I don't want to go around living my life in fear of something I can't control. Sounds miserable.

wtf

You can't hold past experiences on future lovers. :heart:

I think it's easy for a person in a safe, stable relationship to say that. I think when a person is still dealing with an open wound from a bad relationship it's harder to think that. Time may heal all wounds but experiences make us smarter. Bad experiences can teach us what we do or don't want in the future and make us more able to make wiser decisions in the future. So in that respect one really should hold past experiences to future lovers in the sense that one should know oneself better and have a better insight into the type of person one allows close to one's heart.

I don't know if I'm saying that right but for me it was the sum of the parts of my past shitty relationships which made me raise my expectations and actually find a good one, and not only find a good relationship but know I deserved it.

I would never have married my wife if I didn't trust her completely. I may get jealous from time to time, but I think that's healthy. I have no fears of her cheating on me whatsoever.

I would never have married my wife if I didn't trust her completely. I may get jealous from time to time, but I think that's healthy. I have no fears of her cheating on me whatsoever.

Of the reasons I can think of for someone to be jealous, none of them are healthy.

I've trusted significant others, I've been betrayed by significant others and I've betrayed the trust of significant others. There's no such thing as trusting someone 100% because you will never truly know what that person is going to do.

That's what trust is.

I've trusted significant others, I've been betrayed by significant others and I've betrayed the trust of significant others. There's no such thing as trusting someone 100% because you will never truly know what that person is going to do.

That's what trust is.

Its similar to the faith that God exists... :fly:

Its similar to the faith that God exists... :fly:

I was paraphrasing an Admiral Adama quote :o

but yes, trust is believing in someone else despite never truly knowing what they're going to do. faith is believing in a higher power despite never truly knowing whether or not that higher power exists

Last edited: