Ontopic Trayvon pt 2

Mr. Argumentor

I fab shitboxes and shitbox accessories.
Sep 27, 2012
Tampa-ish
Marklar
₥73,249
Steam
asastang
So essentially it's nothing like Trayvon Martin except it was someone defending themselves against someone who happened to be black.

Also key difference, SHE WENT TO HIS HOUSE. In most states you have no duty to retreat from your home.

See: For a man's house is his castle, et domus sua cuique est tutissimum refugium [and each man's home is his safest refuge].
- The Institutes of the Laws of England 1642

Also: 'he admitted during the 911 call that he shot someone who was asking for help'

That's gonna hurt any self defense claim.

Last edited:
Yep this is totally legal to do in CO. It's happened multiple times since I've lived here and it falls under the castle law. Also the only thing in common is it was a white person shooting a black person....so I'm assuming then you saw the photo and since all black people look the same to you Grand Wizard you must of thought it was Trayvon again.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia
So essentially it's nothing like Trayvon Martin except it was someone defending themselves against someone who happened to be black.\
I'm not the one making that claim
Also the only thing in common is it was a white person shooting a black person....so I'm assuming then you saw the photo and since all black people look the same to you Grand Wizard you must of thought it was Trayvon again.
Sorry bro, you must be thinking of Amstel
Half of the media outlets are mentioning the Trayvon Martin case in conjunction with this.
In how many states can you blast someone in self defense who enters your home?
She didn't enter his home, though.

She didn't enter his home, though.
That super depends on the state.

In NY we have the threshold rule: if someone puts any part of their body past the threshold to the house (including windows) it's justifiable.
Some states have 'while in your home': as in if you are in your home and someone is attempting to break in it is justifiable.
In other states if someone is on your property surrounding your abode and threatening you you can defend yourself (New Hampshire only akaik)

This is clearly the media trying to associate this event with a previous event. There is basically zero connection other than that.
Eh, I can see it both ways. It's a self defense case that is questionable at best, however (IIRC) Michigan has had Castle Doctrine for longer than Florida has had SYG and this is not the first real test of it.

I think there are parallels, but it's not necessarily enough for the media to be latching on as much as it is

This is Detroit though, if someone's banging on your door at 3AM it's probably the start of a home invasion. Dude probably thought "I'm getting robbed, they're probably gonna kill me" and panicked.

I know if someone was pounding on my door at 3AM, I'd be slightly on edge.

We had one a few years ago that a girl was all fucked up on drugs and went into the wrong house in the middle of the night and got blasted.

Go argue with someone else.

Look! These people don't agree! They must be arguing!!

So essentially it's nothing like Trayvon Martin except it was someone defending themselves against someone who happened to be black.

Also the only thing in common is it was a white person shooting a black person....so I'm assuming then you saw the photo and since all black people look the same to you Grand Wizard you must of thought it was Trayvon again.