Transgender Political Update!

Dharma1521

Soooo do I look as young as I look?
Apr 5, 2006
Falls Church, VA
Marklar
₥2,197
They are going to fire him:

LARGO - City commissioners ended one of the most tumultuous weeks in Largo history Tuesday night by moving to fire City Manager Steve Stanton following his disclosure that he will have a sex-change operation.

A total of 480 people packed City Hall for a four-hour meeting during which one activist was arrested after police told her not to hand out fliers.

After listening to about 60 speakers, mostly from Largo, a majority of commissioners said they had lost confidence in Stanton's ability to lead.

"His brain is the same today as it was last week," Commissioner Gay Gentry said. "He may be even able to be a better city manager. But I sense that he's lost his standing as a leader among the employees of the city."

Commissioners voted 5-2, with Mayor Pat Gerard and Commissioner Rodney Woods in dissent, to place Stanton on paid leave while his departure is made final.

"I'm going to be embarrassed if we throw this man out on the trash heap after he's worked so hard for the city," Gerard said before the vote. "We have a choice to make: We can go back to intolerance, or we can be the city of progress."

Woods chastised fellow commissioners, saying he had a hard time accepting that they didn't consider Stanton's recent choice to become a woman when they decided he was unfit to lead.

After the vote, Stanton, 48, left the meeting without comment. Later, he told the St. Petersburg Times that the "commission did what they felt was best for the community."

But, he said, commissioners voted before getting a full understanding of what a transsexual must confront when this kind of secret is disclosed.

During the meeting, Stanton described the dismay of watching his professional reputation disintegrate in just seven days.

Until last week, he had served 14 years as the city manager, generally to good reviews. Last fall, commissioners raised his salary nearly 9 percent to $140,234 a year.

But on Feb. 21, the Times reported that Stanton was undergoing hormone therapy in preparation for gender-reassignment surgery - a plan known only to a small circle of people, including his wife, medical team and a few top officials at City Hall.

Stanton and his friends had written an eight-page plan to help make his decision known in June, when he said his 13-year-old son could be out of town and shielded from the publicity.

Instead, the news came out before he told his son. Outraged residents swarmed commissioners, demanding he be ousted.

"It's just real painful to know that seven days ago I was a good guy and now I have no integrity, I have no trust and most painful, I have no followers," Stanton said.

But he also indicated he does not plan to sue the city.

"In so many ways I am Largo," Stanton told commissioners. "It's like suing my mother."

stanton.jpg

Commissioner Gay Gentry :fly:

This teaches those faggots to get back in the closet, sit down, and STFU.

How would you like to be his kid that had to hear this from other people? I am sure his life is now ruin by his dad's choice.

Commissioner Gay Gentry :fly:

This teaches those faggots to get back in the closet, sit down, and STFU.

How would you like to be his kid that had to hear this from other people? I am sure his life is now ruin by his dad's choice.

I doubt anyone's life is ruined. Perception is reality.

Society sucks when it comes to their reactions to things such as this. Closed minded freaks is the majority of the population!

Meh, he made a choice, now he has to deal with the consequences. My only hope is that he does so without whining about it for the rest of his life.

I doubt anyone's life is ruined. Perception is reality.

Society sucks when it comes to their reactions to things such as this. Closed minded freaks is the majority of the population!

Honestly what did he expect to happen, would anyone expect any different reaction? I used to work with a transgender male, she/he was very nice and used to be a huge correctional officer. I could care less but no matter how you look at it there is something mentally wrong for this to happen. Sure its not likely to effect "his" work but there is something mis-firing before or now in his brain. You cannot just say that a man who wants to cut off his penis and turn it into a meat pocket(courtesy of shawn) is all there.

Honestly what did he expect to happen, would anyone expect any different reaction? I used to work with a transgender male, she/he was very nice and used to be a huge correctional officer. I could care less but no matter how you look at it there is something mentally wrong for this to happen. Sure its not likely to effect "his" work but there is something mis-firing before or now in his brain. You cannot just say that a man who wants to cut off his penis and turn it into a meat pocket(courtesy of shawn) is all there.

We could be a more understanding society. We're so full of hate.

We could be a more understanding society. We're so full of hate.

This is very true but you have to really agree with their situation in a way. I mean there is no doubt in my mind there is something wrong with someones brain if they cut off there wing wang and turn it into a thing thang. Does this make them less of a person, no but it does make me worry about there deciding the fate of a city.

This is very true but you have to really agree with their situation in a way. I mean there is no doubt in my mind there is something wrong with someones brain if they cut off there wing wang and turn it into a thing thang. Does this make them less of a person, no but it does make me worry about there deciding the fate of a city.

If he has a good track record with the company all those years they shouldn't fire him. The same years he has been working at the company he has at the same time thought about becoming a woman. So this is not something that would hinder his decision making skills.

If he has a good track record with the company all those years they shouldn't fire him. The same years he has been working at the company he has at the same time thought about becoming a woman. So this is not something that would hinder his decision making skills.

Oh and I truly see your point completely. I am just saying it changes peoples views on him and how they will trust his ongoing decisions. I stick strongly to my feelings though that if you as a man want to get your penis cut down the center, folded back and tucked into your body you have mental problems. That is not a decision people with no mental problems makes, period. I have actually had this convo with a "chick" named Breanna that I worked with, she felt the same. She was a correctional officer with 4 kids and a wife of 20 odd years. She could not keep living like that and said she had to do it, she also agreed that her mind was pretty messed up.

Oh and I truly see your point completely. I am just saying it changes peoples views on him and how they will trust his ongoing decisions. I stick strongly to my feelings though that if you as a man want to get your penis cut down the center, folded back and tucked into your body you have mental problems. That is not a decision people with no mental problems makes, period. I have actually had this convo with a "chick" named Breanna that I worked with, she felt the same. She was a correctional officer with 4 kids and a wife of 20 odd years. She could not keep living like that and said she had to do it, she also agreed that her mind was pretty messed up.

Vaginas are better than penis'. Can't say I blame him.

Mental disorder would be a person mutilating themselves because their brain is suffering from a psychotic disorder. Feeling you should be a woman instead of a man is something you are born with, I wouldn't say it was much different than being gay. Is being gay a "mental problem?"