transfat thread v.2

While I'll concede that local governments are generally supposed to enforce what the people want this decision was made my appointed members of the NYC Board of Health. The people did not vote on this; a decision was made for them. Sure, it's their call and if they wanted trans fats removed from foods they wouldn't eat foods containing it. But again, people are too fucking lazy and incompetent to realize that they are responsible for their own well being.

1. Who put the NYC Health Dept. in place, and why?
2. The proposal was put out for public comment to gather feedback.

1. no one alive today :p

My point was that these Boards and Depts. are created with the authority to perform their daily functions and enact policies. It's understood by the people. So in the end they derive their authority from the populace regardless. Someone demanded them and put them there, and that someone was us.

My point was that these Boards and Depts. are created with the authority to perform their daily functions and enact policies. It's understood by the people. So in the end they derive their authority from the populace regardless. Someone demanded them and put them there, and that someone was us.

No, candy ass pansies that are too feeble to think for themselves demanded them and greedy power hungry bloodsuckers put them there.

Sure as hell wasn't me.

Typhoid Mary anyone?

No, candy ass pansies that are too feeble to think for themselves demanded them and greedy power hungry bloodsuckers put them there.

Sure as hell wasn't me.

In 1805? I think you're reading far too much conspiracy into the whole thing. At any rate the NYC Dept. of Health has nothing to do with you anyway, and we're getting way off topic.