Traffic,

Arátoeldar said:
:lol: Sounds like some idiot on Rt 2.

What route do you take into beatown?
:fly: it happens on I-90, Rt 2., Rt 3, and parts of 128

I used to take Rt 2 into town when we lived in NH, when we came through at 5:30AM it was like the autobahn :drool:

Now I take Storrow Drive/Soldiers Field Rd, even worse drivers that speed up when they're blinded :D

itburnswhenipee said:
I read something on fark about this a couple of months ago. They were starting to do it in or around Boston. I guess it's not policy yet. Probably it's hard to get all the wrecker operators to buy one... or figure out how to shoehorn one into a police cruiser.
Whoah, I haven't seen any yet but that's pretty cool.

I don't drive around the area as much as I used to, thank the maker.

Drool-Boy said:
It woudnt matter around here. People would just slow down to look at the screens.

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction. Besides, what about traffic going the other way? If only I had a dollar for every time I was stuck in traffic because of something on the other side of the highway. Then I'd have enough dollars to, like, buy something, I bet.

theacoustician said:
You want fun? Try driving I-75S from Atlanta to Tampa on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Be sure to leave around 4pm for the full effect.
As a Floridian, 75 is the butt of a lot of my travel jokes.

theacoustician said:
You want fun? Try driving I-75S from Atlanta to Tampa on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Be sure to leave around 4pm for the full effect.
Ouch, what's the average speed for the trip? That's like millions of people going to grandma's house along the same route at once :omy:

The first Halloween at our New Hampshire house my wife and I made the mistake of leaving Boston at 4:30 for the 62 mile drive home, 30 miles of which is mostly residential :( took over 4 hours and I nearly blew a blood vessel in my brain.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Ouch, what's the average speed for the trip? That's like millions of people going to grandma's house along the same route at once :omy:

The first Halloween at our New Hampshire house my wife and I made the mistake of leaving Boston at 4:30 for the 62 mile drive home, 30 miles of which is mostly residential :( took over 4 hours and I nearly blew a blood vessel in my brain.

That is one thing I love about were I live. No such thing as traffic hassles at least not as bad the metro Boston area or even worse downtown Boston. :eek: :omy:

When I went into downtown Boston for pleasure. I would take the T from the Alwife station.

Where is the Chicken ranch in New Hamster? I have an aunt and uncle that own a house in the the Danbury area.

Arátoeldar said:
That is one thing I love about were I live. No such thing as traffic hassles at least not as bad the metro Boston area or even worse downtown Boston. :eek: :omy:.
True, true. I don't find downtown to be that bad anymore, but the surrounding area seems worse. Perhaps I'm just used to it, and on the motorcycle it seems quicker anyway :fly: sure got some priceless looks this morning when it was snowing on the way in.

Arátoeldar said:
When I went into downtown Boston for pleasure. I would take the T from the Alwife station.
Yeah, a friend of mine would do that. The Red line is probably the best of the T's, I actually don't mind the green and probably would've started using it in the winter if it was anywhere close to where we live.

Arátoeldar said:
Where is the Chicken ranch in New Hamster? I have an aunt and uncle that own a house in the the Danbury area.
:D the OLD Chikken house was up thar, just west of Nashua. The ChikkenRanch is in upstate NY, about an hour north of Albany on the VT border. We've got an apartment in the city while we're fixing 'er up.

There isn't a lot of traffic around here but when there is it pisses me off more than in Atlanta. There is no excuse for the traffic here. AT least in Atlanta you have too many people in one place. Here?? No reason!

ChikkenNoodul said:
Traffic is still nice 'n light on my route into Boston, the highways are back to sucking hard I hear though.

Rubberneckers need to be summarily executed, when I was in England I swear they unfolded a screen in front of accidents/roadside work to prevent that or something - great idea.
fuck. there goes my patentable idea.

It's horrid here in So Cal. I don't know why they bother with a traffic report, just say it's bad everywhere....again.

Kevlar said:
It's horrid here in So Cal. I don't know why they bother with a traffic report, just say it's bad everywhere....again.

They do the traffic to let you know if there is a serious fucking disaster as opposed to the 'usual slowdown.' Like, when a truck blew up on I-95 last month just north of DC and they had to close the busiest highway on the east coast, that was newsworthy. The fact that it takes two hours to go thirty miles? Everybody knows that already.