Trading Spaces: Tampa, FL

ChikkenNoodul said:
Red dining rooms just started to gain popularity around here a few years back (We had one in NH) - drive by most of the historic homes in downtown Concord and they have 'em

I still think it looks classy

Oh I think they look pretty cool too, but red's a little too formal a color for my dining room walls. I'm just into more muted relaxing colortones.

Pandora said:
Oh I think they look pretty cool too, but red's a little too formal a color for my dining room walls. I'm just into more muted relaxing colortones.

This is not our formal dining room - we went out on a limb and painted that a little more neutral with a light brown accent wall and the others a taupe.

Thanks for all the kind words guys... maybe Shawn will take some of the dinidg room we just spend so much time working on.

Pandora said:
We're painting our dining room purple, kinda a greyish-purple actually.

We did the studio/2br in 2 shades of purple. We have to save up some cash to finish it up though - right now it's got a bare, concrete floor.

b_sinning said:
Shawn is soon going to be replacing the old gay designer on trading space. I think his name is Frank.

Sweet - I could use the extra jang!

The nook looks very classy! I love the red too. Every thing flows well.

The plate, that is no more , was actually kinda nice ... my only complaint is I don't think 'I' would have put that candle on the water cooler. But that's just me. I'm wierd like that. :heart: :heart:

b_sinning said:
My dinning room is a midnight blue.

I once painted my livingroom midnight blue, thought I would do it nautical.

I would go home every day for lunch and just look at it - hoping I would grow to love it. But it was horrible. The blue actually came out the color of this website (fairy purple).

By end of week I was painting it white.

I am horrible at adjusting to dramtic colors - I need neutrals. I have to have every thing matching too.

gottoys? said:
I once painted my livingroom midnight blue, thought I would do it nautical.

I would go home every day for lunch and just look at it - hoping I would grow to love it. But it was horrible. The blue actually came out the color of this website (fairy purple).

By end of week I was painting it white.

I am horrible at adjusting to dramtic colors - I need neutrals. I have to have every thing matching too.
obsess much? :fly:

Drool-Boy said:
The next room that gets painted will probably be the computer room.
Ill post a pic of it later and you fancy-pants types can suggest a color for it.

I will pass it on to my people.

gottoys? said:
I don't think 'I' would have put that candle on the water cooler.

It's already gone. These pics are a week and a half old. It looked tacky.

Pandora said:
That's just cuz you only like two colors, white and off white. :fly:
Not true. I think if it used colors out of the same pallette it would be different. Its just you have RED! on one wall and BLUE! on the other. Its straight contrast and no complentary colors.