tracking down a person on ebay

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I know someone who i suspect is stealing items from people and selling them on ebay. Is it possible to covertly find their username? The only thing i have to go on is their name and address. I dont want to contact ebay and cause a fuss with them because i dont want it getting out im checking up on them.

No reason to tell ebay your personal information. Unless you spill the beans there's no way this person will know it's you. If you know any of the items in question start searching for the auctions.

The only way you're going to catch them is to secretly tag items that they are stealing, try to locate them on ebay, and buy them back. They actually caught someone here that way.

theacoustician said:
The only way you're going to catch them is to secretly tag items that they are stealing, try to locate them on ebay, and buy them back. They actually caught someone here that way.

Yup, that, or if the item itself is trackable somehow. I guy I work with had his 4-wheeler stolen, and he found it a few days later on e-bay for sale. The cops set up a buy and busted the guy.