toyota "camry" to compete in nascar

why_ask_why said:
afaik, there has never been a real fwd car in nascar...they call it a lumina but some vague similarities with the external skin is where that ends

This is no different than almost every car model that has been in NASCAR. The only similarities between its stock version and the race version are some of its looks.

why_ask_why said:
afaik, there has never been a real fwd car in nascar...they call it a lumina but some vague similarities with the external skin is where that ends
right, all FWD cars are converted to RWD for Nascar, that's what they did with the Taurus

elpmis said:
right, all FWD cars are converted to RWD for Nascar, that's what they did with the Taurus

there really is no conversion because no part of the car was ever a taurus...it's taking a tube frame race car and putting shell on top that says taurus

edit:as you likely know

I can say this with all honesty...

If they put a camry on the track, I'll giggle every time one of my redneck cousins complains about it.

If they put a camry on the track and have a black guy driving it, I will watch every race they have.

There is nothing funnier than walking into a Whiskey Tango bar and 'suggesting' that you heard they're adding a black driver to next year's line-up. Those guys get their tank-tops in a knot awful quick. The only way to rile them up quicker is to 'suggest' that Junior and Martin were caught making out on pit row.

why_ask_why said:
there really is no conversion because no part of the car was ever a taurus...it's taking a tube frame race car and putting shell on top that says taurus

edit:as you likely know
yup

but I'm not a big fan of Nascar, I do however follow Formula 1

elpmis said:
yup

but I'm not a big fan of Nascar, I do however follow Formula 1

yeah, I don't watch that shit either but just saw a bit on cnn about it and found it funny

reverendsaintjay said:
I can say this with all honesty...

If they put a camry on the track, I'll giggle every time one of my redneck cousins complains about it.

If they put a camry on the track and have a black guy driving it, I will watch every race they have.

There is nothing funnier than walking into a Whiskey Tango bar and 'suggesting' that you heard they're adding a black driver to next year's line-up. Those guys get their tank-tops in a knot awful quick. The only way to rile them up quicker is to 'suggest' that Junior and Martin were caught making out on pit row.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't usually care for what I consider to be evil humor. But that is just awesome. :)

Arátoeldar said:
Last time there really Stock in NASCAR was the early 80's

I belong to a racing forum. Some people there won't cheer for their favorite driver if they drive a non-USA based car. :rolleyes:

I thought it was early/mid 70's when there was something stock in a stock car?

i dislike nascar.

i live less than an hour away from one of the most famous tracks in america, but i've only been once because it's boring as hell.

bristol, by the way.

element said:
i dislike nascar.

i live less than an hour away from one of the most famous tracks in america, but i've only been once because it's boring as hell.

bristol, by the way.

I think there is a directly proportionate relationship between redneckedness and love of Nascar. I know some normal people that like to watch it, but they dont really "LOVE" it.

I used to live 5 miles from Charlotte Motor Speedway, in my opinion, yeah it's boring as hell. I sat through a Coca-Cola 600 back in the early '90s and never went back to another race. But CMS does host some really awesome car shows.

I just can't fathom sitting in the hot sun watching people turn left for 2 hours. If I were a NASCAR coordinator I'd throw in a right turn to just throw the drivers off.