toyota "camry" to compete in nascar

KNYTE said:
I just can't fathom sitting in the hot sun watching people turn left for 2 hours. If I were a NASCAR coordinator I'd throw in a right turn to just throw the drivers off.

Or every 10 laps or so, force a crowd of hobos out onto the track for the cars to "dodge".

KNYTE said:
I just can't fathom sitting in the hot sun watching people turn left for 2 hours. If I were a NASCAR coordinator I'd throw in a right turn to just throw the drivers off.

2 hours nothing, try more like 6+ hours. The most fun thing to do is walk on the lawn with the "real" nascar fans. I saw a drunk redneck that must have weighed 300+ lbs. fall face first off of the roof of an RV onto the grass. Now that is quality family entertainment.

Edit: I don't think all the tracks are ovular. I think there are some that are like road courses (though still forming some kind of loop) like Watkins Glen? I really just wanted to use the word ovular in a sentence.

Last edited:
ERage said:
2 hours nothing, try more like 6+ hours. The most fun thing to do is walk on the lawn with the "real" nascar fans. I saw a drunk redneck that must have weighed 300+ lbs. fall face first off of the roof of an RV onto the grass. Now that is quality family entertainment.

that *might* make it worth going :lol:

ERage said:

Edit: I don't think all the tracks are ovular. I think there are some that are like road courses (though still forming some kind of loop) like Watkins Glen? I really just wanted to use the word ovular in a sentence.

Sonoma & Watkins Glen are the two road course races for the year.

element said:
i dislike nascar.

i live less than an hour away from one of the most famous tracks in america, but i've only been once because it's boring as hell.

bristol, by the way.

Are you on the Virginia side or the Tennesee side? More importantly, do people from that part of Virginia speak with that godawful, Gomer Pyle, Tennesee accent?