toy suggestions thread

Thorn Bird

Forum Mom
May 24, 2005
Marklar
₥65
the c-word is fast approaching, and we breeders are strong enough on the forum where we can recommend toys for each other. NONBREEDERS BEWARE. i'm going to make this ontopic. HA!

so i have a six-year-old girl and a two-and-a-half-year-old boy.

was thinking yest about what to get lil mo.

educational stuff obviously.. but he LOVES music, walks over to the radio, my turntables, etc, to TURN THE SHYT ON HIMSELF so he can hear it.. i'm thinking a lil casio keyboard or something. something that'll play him a beat and he can press the keys.

i plan on taking piano lessons with him when he's old enough.. 4 or 5 or so.

was thinking yest about what to get lil mo.

educational stuff obviously.. but he LOVES music, walks over to the radio, my turntables, etc, to TURN THE SHYT ON HIMSELF so he can hear it.. i'm thinking a lil casio keyboard or something. something that'll play him a beat and he can press the keys.

i plan on taking piano lessons with him when he's old enough.. 4 or 5 or so.

they have a little plastic keyboard with microphone and seat...i don't know who makes it but they STILL play on it...it's got all kinds of beats on it and whatnot. when spangelet was about three, i stuck ABC stickers on the keys and wrote down the letters needed for like twinkle twinkle and so forth. that's where she began her piano lessons...and she started lessons a little over a year ago. :fly:

anyway, i highly suggest a keyboard if lil' mo loves music!!

All I know is my kids don't need anymore toys.

That being said, we are finishing out the sandbox and getting them a bunch of sand toys.

Then each kid will get a couple new books, an outfit or shirt or something, and one toy that they've asked for. Haylee is getting a Barbie, and the boys I don't know, cause Ky changes his mind daily and Ian isn't old enough to know to ask for a toy.

Also, I refuse to buy toys that take batteries, I'm always out of batteries.

My one niece and nephew I need to buy for are getting books as well.

Im gonna get my boy one of these:

Children_s_Motorcycle_Children_s_Battery_Powered_Motorcycle_B_O_Motorcycle_baby.jpg

Then Ima tie it to the back of my bike and pull him around the neighborhood.

drool, you need to keep a log of what all you put your poor kid through. :lol:

we had a friend who swore to spangelet he was gonna make a moat around our house and then make a rope swing to get around it. :lol:

dammit ontopic: my boy has figured out how to pedal, so i might have to get him some kind of moving truckee thingy. do you think it would be awful to buy my friend's used power car for him? it's all pinked out and barbied up. :iono:

Last edited:
Chemistry sets are a great gift for inquisitive boys with too much time on their hands and mothers teetering on the edge of sanity.

spangelet tried the mentos and coke the other day...but i think we did it wrong...we used a 2-liter, and i think it's only supposed to be a 20-oz?

science experiments are a great idea, actually. ooo...maybe i'll get her her own squirrel trap so she can trap her own squirrels and take hers out to the refuge like my dad is doing. :lol:

spangelet tried the mentos and coke the other day...but i think we did it wrong...we used a 2-liter, and i think it's only supposed to be a 20-oz?

science experiments are a great idea, actually. ooo...maybe i'll get her her own squirrel trap so she can trap her own squirrels and take hers out to the refuge like my dad is doing. :lol:

iirs, it's supposed to be diet coke. And no, the 2 liter is supposed to work. But you have to drop the entire pack of mento's in it all at once.

iirs, it's supposed to be diet coke. And no, the 2 liter is supposed to work. But you have to drop the entire pack of mento's in it all at once.

ok. we did one mentos in a generic coke 2-liter. FAIL!!!! :( she'll be happy to get a redo, however. :fly:

ok. we did one mentos in a generic coke 2-liter. FAIL!!!! :( she'll be happy to get a redo, however. :fly:

I know of an awesome science projects to do book, I plan on buying it for myself cause a lot of the stuff looks awesome to try in it, if the kids want to join in, they can. let me know if you want a suggestion.

I know of an awesome science projects to do book, I plan on buying it for myself cause a lot of the stuff looks awesome to try in it, if the kids want to join in, they can. let me know if you want a suggestion.

yes please!

i'm also considering a joke book for spangelet, but i don't know if i'm brave enough. :omy:

ooo...that girl giggles at tom and jerry and at snoopy on charlie brown. :lol: add to list!!