Total Excrement!!

Congrats Dream. I know how important this day can be for your mom and your whole family.

I am dealing with my father who just started dialysis in Ap_ril and has been in the ICU 4 times since then with serious blood infections, so getting and keeping a kidney is vitally important.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone and I am dying over the thread title rape. You would never know how excited a person can be over getting the feeling to piss and poo again can be!

This is actually the 2nd time my mom has gone in for a transplant.
The first kidney was lost due to a rare disease that only 3% of kidney recipients get. It was a total heart break for her and the family. She waited over 4 years for that one.

The good thing out of that operation though, is that she got a pancreas too, which has set her diabetes type 1 free. So...there is always a silver lining?

I hope that this thread gives people even an idea about being an organ donor. There is such a huge need for organs, and all it takes is people to say "Take it all...when I die." I think my mom said that one body can save/change something like 10 people's lives.

Once again thanks for the well wishes and compassion.

Congrats Dream. I know how important this day can be for your mom and your whole family.

I am dealing with my father who just started dialysis in Ap_ril and has been in the ICU 4 times since then with serious blood infections, so getting and keeping a kidney is vitally important.

Good luck!

I am really sorry to hear that SpyderGST. Dialysis is so hard on a person and their family. I really hope your dad gets an organ and soon. Is he holding out for a cadaver donation or will he take one from the family?

I am really sorry to hear that SpyderGST. Dialysis is so hard on a person and their family. I really hope your dad gets an organ and soon. Is he holding out for a cadaver donation or will he take one from the family?

He's not a candidate :( and even though I have offered him one of mine, he won't take it. He says I am going to need it when I get old.

We're content with keeping him around through dialysis for now. (He actually is there right now, he's a Tues/Thurs/Sat guy).

Good luck and congrats to your mom.

Seriously organ donation is amazing. They can use so much of you even if you are unhealthy. When my dad died we were able to donate his skin, bones, many organs, and even his eyes. So many people benefit from this. It's not an easy thing to go through for the family of the donor, but well worth it.

Dream, I'm so glad for your mom. I can't imagine what you all must be going through. I hope all goes well.

My mom went into surgery 2 hours ago.
I am just sitting here, trying not to go insane with worry.

Everything will be alright, everything will be alright......

put that energy into prayer and good wishes, girlie!
congrats to your wonderful mother!!! i hope all goes well and please keep us posted on the outcome. i can't imagine how all this feels for you or your mom. strength and patience to you both, my dear. :heart:

I am sitting here at work going bonkers, because no one has called me. Ugh...I hate living clear across the country from my mom at times like this.

I think I may have to call the hospital and see if they will give me any information.

I am sitting here at work going bonkers, because no one has called me. Ugh...I hate living clear across the country from my mom at times like this.

I think I may have to call the hospital and see if they will give me any information.

Call call!!

They won't tell you anything, but they will give a message to someone to have them call you.

I thought they would not tell me anything either, but I just got off the phone with my mom!! (I can not believe they let me talk to her...I did not even ask to talk to her, but she made them transfer the call.)

She was not very coherent, but she is alive and in the ICU unit. (That is where all transplant patients go after their surgery.) There is a whole horror story leading up to the operation and she is in a lot of pain, but she has the kidney and it is starting to function!!

I will learn more later after my stepdad and brother get there and give me the info.

I am all tearing up....

I'm glad it all went fine. It's always a long wait when loved ones are undergoing surgery.. I hope she recovers fast and can start to lead a normal life again!