top ten pet peeves

I do't think I have 10 but here goes.

Not knowing the alphabet, if you can't find the letter M in the files we will think you are a moron.

Overly controling people who try to tell you how to raise your kids.

People in cars with the speakers that make the trunk rattle. Seriously I don't want to listen to the crap you listen to at a billion decibles.

The thing with putting spanish everywhere. Yesterday I was at lowes and picked up a catalog and it was in freaking spanish! If you live in the US speak fricking English. I didn't go to France and expect to speak English, the national language is English. If you want to speak spanish at home fine, but don't make the print on signs half size so spanish can be there too. I was at the store the other day and picked up some cleaning product and there was no english on it at all. GRRRRR, I think this is my biggest pet peeve. And I would like to point out that I am not racist, I just can't stand it. I have a good friend who is Columbian and her parents call the office and she speaks spanish to them, but they all speak english as well. I actually quite enjoy listening to other languages but that doesn't mean I want to be surrounded by it constantly.

thank you! how many times can you tell someone to stop doing that, seriously! Hydro does this on a daily basic I swear and leaves it on the shower walls. Its so gross and I complain to him and he denies it constantly, but who else is there?

its a game. I have to find my entertainment where i can. :p

The thing with putting spanish everywhere. Yesterday I was at lowes and picked up a catalog and it was in freaking spanish! If you live in the US speak fricking English. I didn't go to France and expect to speak English, the national language is English. If you want to speak spanish at home fine, but don't make the print on signs half size so spanish can be there too. I was at the store the other day and picked up some cleaning product and there was no english on it at all. GRRRRR, I think this is my biggest pet peeve. And I would like to point out that I am not racist, I just can't stand it. I have a good friend who is Columbian and her parents call the office and she speaks spanish to them, but they all speak english as well. I actually quite enjoy listening to other languages but that doesn't mean I want to be surrounded by it constantly.

I agree. You go to Germany .. don't expect them to cater to you. Italy, same way. France, same way. You feel relieved if you find someone who does .. but it's not required.

You wanna live here, learn to communicate .. don't expect everyone else who was here first (majority, well used to be) to change their entire way of living to suit your needs. Needs of which people are usually (7 times out of 10) here illegally.

uhhh... actually, the US has no official language, but maybe they changed that since i learned it back in grade school. ;)

Then why up until recently did they only teach English in elementary and grade school.

I know they taught French and/or Spanish in high school, but now the little ones are having to learn it just do they can communicate with their classmates. It's ridiculous.

I'm all about learning/dealing with someone elses culture. But they need to do so as well, not expect it to be a one way street. They had the kid over here .. then teach it english before popping it in 1st grade.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter about this whole subject :fly:.

Then why up until recently did they only teach English in elementary and grade school.

I know they taught French and/or Spanish in high school, but now the little ones are having to learn it just do they can communicate with their classmates. It's ridiculous.

I'm all about learning/dealing with someone elses culture. But they need to do so as well, not expect it to be a one way street. They had the kid over here .. then teach it english before popping it in 1st grade.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter about this whole subject :fly:.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_in_the_United_States

Although the United States currently has no official language, English has long been the de facto national language

Hawaii has an interstate.

Although Hawaii's Interstate highways are not connected to those in the continental United States, they are built to Interstate standards. The fact that they carry an "H" number, rather than an "I" number differentiates them from the connected system of Interstate routes on the continental United States.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/hawaii.htm

edit: seems alaska has a similar system
http://www.alaskaroads.com/Interstate-ends.htm

Last edited:
Although Hawaii's Interstate highways are not connected to those in the continental United States, they are built to Interstate standards. The fact that they carry an "H" number, rather than an "I" number differentiates them from the connected system of Interstate routes on the continental United States.

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/infrastructure/hawaii.htm

edit: seems alaska has a similar system
http://www.alaskaroads.com/Interstate-ends.htm

I know I know, but that's what they call it damn it!