Top Money Earners in MUSIC 2008

Sorry to burst your angry bubble but I seriously doubt that Madonna got like $200million in one year. She's only worth about $700mill in total, so she's not gonna have half of that in the past year. Yeah ticket receipts and album sales may have added up to that, but you count on 40% tax (if we're talking that her banks are in Britain) and then paying the record companies most of the album sales....well....you can work it out. A quick google will see that in 2006 she broke the record for what a female artist earned in a year and it was $50mill.

40 is the top bracket in US too. I was thinking that they might be including cash before expenses and etc. Not to mention capital gains.

yes. was thinking about that this morning.. surely she doesn't make a billion every four years or so. gotta be gross.

Custom Nikes ftw.

shawn, what time you get to your spot tonight? may do an early creep move this evening.. the 6 to 10 pm outing.

Those are tour grosses, not net income. After fees and taxes Madonna brought home approximately $14,717.

It sucks. I have an amazing voice for singing and I'm pretty good at the drums........yet I can't make money because I don't have a "pop voice" I guess since they wouldn't need to audiotune my voice I'll never make a record.

all i needs a korg microx and a bottle of jameson and i'll make you the best song you've ever heard

none of this oul guitar pish

No it's the fact they charge $200 a ticket and the people who would like to see them have the money to pay that much.

Nail meet hammer

I don't either. As far as I knew, the police were still broken up.

It was a we are only in it for the money tour. Just like The Who since the late 80's.

I saw a thing on TV where they have some young kid from the Philippines singing for them now. Totally weird but he sounds just like their original singer.

Wrong Steve Perry didn't become a member of Journey until the 4th album. Greg Rollie was the original singer and keyboardist. The best Journey albums are before Steve Perry joined. Once Greg Rollie left they went to total shit.

santana neal schon>journey neal schon imo
funny that his wiki page doesn't mention he played on caravanserai

HSAS (Hagar Schon Aaronson Shrieve) > Santana Neal Schon> Neal Schon & Jan Hammer > Pre Steve Perry Journey > Post Steve Perry Journey > Steve Perry Journey > Bad English

Funny that his wiki page doesn't mention he played on Caravanserai.

FIXED

Also the most prolific album by Santana was Caravanserai. It was very critically acclaimed but the funny part was Neil actually did all the great guitar parts on it and Carlos got the credit.

Better get you eyes checked Chris. :fly:

Biography