Thread Top Gear ver. usa

It's Ken Block.

And Jay Leno is a weanie.

A weenie with a large car collection that does know one or two things about cars and has a vested interest in them. And whether you like him or not, has a following in the millions.

Jay Leno would be perfect for top gear , as long as he didnt talk

I think the problem with all your lines of thinking is that you seem to think a celebrity would bridge the gap and make it funny. Jeremy Clarkson's entire basis for celebrity is based on Top Gear, he wasn't a famous personality before it therefore he is solely the face of Top Gear and nothing else really (although he may be a journalist too etc. etc.). You can't just bring in an already made celebrity and expect it to be good. The reason the UK TG is so good is because it was built up over years with an unknown personality who took on his own role and was able to be whatever he wanted, not someone who was previously known for being a certain way.

I think the problem with all your lines of thinking is that you seem to think a celebrity would bridge the gap and make it funny.

No, Jay Leno just knows just about everything about cars. Dude owns like 80 jillion of them, and personally works on a lot of them. Hes a super car guy.
Tho, I dont think he would make the show funny, as I dont particularly find him amusing. I find him annoying at best. In all honesty, hed probably ruin the show by trying to take it over for himself.

I am actually enjoying the US version once I stopped trying to draw comparisons between Adam/Rutledge and Clarkson.

The drift challenge between the hosts and their blind friend was hilarious.

I am actually enjoying the US version once I stopped trying to draw comparisons between Adam/Rutledge and Clarkson.

The drift challenge between the hosts and their blind friend was hilarious.

I liked where they were bootlegging moonshine and the guy jumped his caddy on the hill of the dirt track
I was astonished that it kept going, if only for a short time

They haven't had 3 presenters for years and years, Clarkson was doing it solo for as long as I can remember (perhaps even before I was born?) - the other two are new additions. Clarkson solo was just as good.

Yes, the reboot in 2001 added the two other stars.

what?!!?!?!? why!?!?!? its about fucking cars.

The chemistry between the stars and the stunts they do are more entertaining than "just being about cars". The stories are great, the writing is great (even if they won an Emmy for Best International Unscripted Show :fly: ) the camerawork is awe-inspiring. It really is a treat to watch even if you hate cars.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
Top Gear US was never going to work. American comedy is completely different. They would be better off renaming the show to something else and making it more of a consumer auto report type of show.