top gear is coming back this sunday

It just occured to me that myself and every other worker in the UK is paying for Top Gear and you guys get it scott free. :mad:

Except that BBC America pays for the rights to that show as well, so indirectly some of our money is going toward the show.

And I am pretty sure there are more magazine subscriptions here now than years before when the show wasn't that widely leaked, so that is a help to defer costs.

Also the BBC in general has quite a few US backers just for donations to the arts.

Besides, have you seen the previews of the abomination that was supposed to be Top Gear US?

Except that BBC America pays for the rights to that show as well, so indirectly some of our money is going toward the show.

And I am pretty sure there are more magazine subscriptions here now than years before when the show wasn't that widely leaked, so that is a help to defer costs.

Also the BBC in general has quite a few US backers just for donations to the arts.

Besides, have you seen the previews of the abomination that was supposed to be Top Gear US?

I see. However I learned recently (Sunday) that a chat show host paid 6m a year by the BBC (Jonathan Ross) produces his chatshow and has his own production company, he has sold the show to America, Aus etc. and he gets the money from that, not the BBC. Could be the same with Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have not seen the previews but I can imagine how bad it would be.

I see. However I learned recently (Sunday) that a chat show host paid 6m a year by the BBC (Jonathan Ross) produces his chatshow and has his own production company, he has sold the show to America, Aus etc. and he gets the money from that, not the BBC. Could be the same with Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson, it wouldn't surprise me.

I have not seen the previews but I can imagine how bad it would be.

I would rather see Clarkson and his cohorts get the money than whatever worthless hack they found to do a US version.

Far back as I can remember from a kid he was always on it, he had tons of hair back then too.

he was one of the original presenters back in the "original" format, from like 1988-2000, and then the show got canned because ratings had dropped. they reintroduced the new format, with Clarkson, May and Hammond in 02.

And, Hammond all the way. He's adorable, has great taste in cars, and he's adorable.