WTF Top Gear episode edited after TWO complaints

Dory Berkowitz-Bukowski

Clam whisperer
Oct 15, 2004
Robin Hood Country
Marklar
₥14,185
Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson caused offence when he described a car as "speciale needs" - a play on its proper name, Ferrari F430 Speciale.

Media regulator Ofcom investigated after receiving two complaints.

However, it did not censure the BBC as the broadcaster had deleted the comment from repeats and the iPlayer version, and apologised for causing offence.

Clarkson described the car owned by co-presenter James May as looking "like a simpleton".
Continue reading the main story
Related stories

* Top Gear 'ad' breached guidelines
* Clarkson joke cleared by watchdog

In response to Ofcom's inquiry, the BBC said his description was a "light hearted reference to the look of the car (the front of which has the appearance of a broad smile) in contrast to a newer model, which was praised by Mr Clarkson."

In its ruling, Ofcom said: "The BBC said that it was the car itself that was the subject of the fun being poked at and its owner... James May."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11621083

The fuck do you change because two retards (pun intended) decide to take offense out of a million+ people. Fuck them.

the "offended person" was probably Ferrari HQ.

they are supposedly making a US version of top gear, and we were discussing today how it simply won't work because shit like this is intensified 100x over here...

I saw a few commercials for the american version over the weekend. you know it's going to be horrid. :waw:

any given half of the nation would be pissed at the show at any given time if they did it like the brits with no holds bar on the comments/crap they do. like drinking while driving to the north pole.

problem is, it's always the people that don't watch the show that bitch about it. they see a 30 second offensive clip on cnn and are all up in arms.

getting your agent to give a call to a major newspaper ahead of the launch of a new season of your show won't save dwindling numbers

3 bags being tits on TV - what a way to spend my hour.

there are fantastic BBC shows like Horizon or anything they can put David Attenborough on... but instead they spend most of their budget on this... piss?

And what's worse - I fucking pay for it. Each and every year. I have every right to be pissed.

there are fantastic BBC shows like Horizon or anything they can put David Attenborough on... but instead they spend most of their budget on this... piss?

And what's worse - I fucking pay for it. Each and every year. I have every right to be pissed.

like 235 million people watch top gear world wide, i'm sure that's one bbc show that's raking in profits instead of costing.

like 235 million people watch top gear world wide, i'm sure that's one bbc show that's raking in profits instead of costing.

how many franchises has 'strictly come dancing' sold to other country's networks?

the BBC is fuck raking in profits. It spends more on Eastenders, and noone I have ever met watches it.

To be fair poleaux they don't spend all that much on 'Enders. I hear the shows characters only get lilke 100k/yr which to do 4 episodes a week isn't exactly rolling in dough. They must spend millions on Top Gear and they don't spend millions upon millions on Eastenders.

Also Eastenders is awesome.

also who's fucking BRIGHT idea was it to give james may and that other little tit their own documentarys

how about a 1hr long action replay of his head skidding along the tarmac after he was blasted out of a renault clio or whatever it was he was wasting my money on

:lol: @ polo. so much anger. so little time.

I've only seen james may's toy stories which is decently entertaining. never seen his others or the hamster show.