Thread Top 10 Most Livable Cities

:D I know, we've discussed that before. So I can kinda sympathize in a way.

For me, nothing compares to being deep enough underwater where there's no direct (safe)route to the surface.

Other than perhaps running into a burning building.......... :shady:

Yeah, I can appreciate that might be nice. I'd rather just simulate that with drugs tho, cos I'm lazy. Why travel to the beach when you can sit at home on your ass?

I need to dive some day soon. Almost tragic I haven't since I grew up a swimmer. I can do 40-50ft down on lungs no problem though still to this day and cruise around for a minute or so. me and diving have a date.

This. It's the same reason I don't do well with mountains. Changes in pressure cause migraine. I can't swim down to the bottom of the diving well of a swimming pool without being effected. It's just one of those things.

Even when you equalize? That seriously sucks. I love being up high and down deep.

You probably have never equalized properly.

REAL sudafed, and doing the valsalva every foot should help.

I had to do that when I started, and the biggest pressure change is in the first 15 feet, after that it gets MUCH easier.

It's actually really common for people with migraine to not be able to handle pressure. Changes in barometric pressure effect us and most people go through life never noticing until they get arthritis and have achy joints. I'm used to being able to tell you when a storm is coming because my head begins to hurt, and you aren't talking about any significant change there. Water pressure is so much more extreme. I cannot imagine how bad it would be if I tried to go under deep water and unfortunately there is no way to know what would happen without me actually doing it. The risk then is if my head begins to react bad enough that I become incapable of seeing or operating my body properly or focusing. It's not a risk anyone thinks I should ever take including SCUBA instructors. At least in an airplane or on top of a mountain there's very little risk of death due to uncontrollable vomiting, lack of ability to see, or lack of control of my body. It's not like I'm flying the planes or climbing any dangerous peaks or anything.

You probably have never equalized properly.

REAL sudafed, and doing the valsalva every foot should help.

I had to do that when I started, and the biggest pressure change is in the first 15 feet, after that it gets MUCH easier.

that's what i was gonna recommend to relieve the migraines and dizziness, but throwing up? sounds like another issue. worth a try though.

It's actually really common for people with migraine to not be able to handle pressure. Changes in barometric pressure effect us and most people go through life never noticing until they get arthritis and have achy joints. I'm used to being able to tell you when a storm is coming because my head begins to hurt, and you aren't talking about any significant change there. Water pressure is so much more extreme. I cannot imagine how bad it would be if I tried to go under deep water and unfortunately there is no way to know what would happen without me actually doing it. The risk then is if my head begins to react bad enough that I become incapable of seeing or operating my body properly or focusing. It's not a risk anyone thinks I should ever take including SCUBA instructors. At least in an airplane or on top of a mountain there's very little risk of death due to uncontrollable vomiting, lack of ability to see, or lack of control of my body. It's not like I'm flying the planes or climbing any dangerous peaks or anything.

vomiting in scuba gear isn't a problem. puke goes straight out the regulator. :D

i'd definitely work on properly equalizing at elevation before going under water though.