Thread Top 10 Most Livable Cities

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
Marklar
₥25,442
Melbourne has vaulted Vancouver to become the best city in the world to live, according to the latest Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Survey.

Top 10

CountryCity Rank Overall Rating (100=ideal)
AustraliaMelbourne197.5
AustriaVienna297.4
CanadaVancouver397.3
CanadaToronto497.2
CanadaCalgary596.6
AustraliaSydney696.1
FinlandHelsinki796.0
AustraliaPerth895.9
AustraliaAdelaide995.9
New ZealandAuckland1095.7

http://www.businessday.com.au/busin...o-live-20110830-1jj9d.html?rand=1314669119171

Yet I would live in Melbourne if you payed me to.

"The Economist Intelligence Unit has been criticized by the New York Times for being overly anglocentric, stating that "The Economist clearly equates livability with speaking English."

People don't speak English in Finland. People speak English in the US, England, Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, but they are not on the list.

You said people speak English in Finland. It's the exact same in Japan. Not their official language, but they all learn it in school.

The difference being that while the Japanese may learn English they speak Japanese whereas Finnish people tend to speak English even to other Fins. Or even Swedish as they know Finnish is quite a minority language.

The difference being that while the Japanese may learn English they speak Japanese whereas Finnish people tend to speak English even to other Fins. Or even Swedish as they know Finnish is quite a minority language.

I don't believe that.