Too fat for the bus

ChikkenNoodul said:
Of course, but it's not like excercise is even remotely easy once you lose a leg and you're already overweight
At that point, upper body strength exercises, simply raising and lowering 5 pound weights would help.

My father-in-law was a good sized fellow, maybe 270-280lbs, but he could get around ok

Got in a truck accident, brakes failed going downhill hauling several tons of gravel, swerved to avoid hitting a school bus full of children, truck flips, crushes his leg, breaks his other one in several places, ribs, etc. etc.

He gains 100lbs from all the drugs and being on bedrest for months

Loses the crushed leg, other leg never really heals

After 3 years, finally gets insurance approval for physical therapy

Has lung-fluid buildup due to kidney problem and can't walk on crutches 10 feet without wheezing for 40 minutes afterwards

Etc.

It's a steady downhill slope after the first injury of that type, I can totally see how it gets worse and worse

ChikkenNoodul said:
My father-in-law was a good sized fellow, maybe 270-280lbs, but he could get around ok

Got in a truck accident, brakes failed going downhill hauling several tons of gravel, swerved to avoid hitting a school bus full of children, truck flips, crushes his leg, breaks his other one in several places, ribs, etc. etc.

Has lung-fluid buildup due to kidney problem and can't walk on crutches 10 feet without wheezing for 40 minutes afterwards

Etc.

It's a steady downhill slope after the first injury of that type, I can totally see how it gets worse and worse

Kids heal faster. Shoulda hit the bus

ChikkenNoodul said:
It's an electric chair, they weigh a LOT more than 40lbs
when i worked for a DME company, we had a patient who was a double-amputee that weighed close to 500 pounds. that's without legs people! we had to keep fixing his chair because every time he went over a big bump, it would crack the frame.

ChikkenNoodul said:

Etc.

:( I'm sorry to hear that

F33nX said:
when i worked for a DME company, we had a patient who was a double-amputee that weighed close to 500 pounds. that's without legs people! we had to keep fixing his chair because every time he went over a big bump, it would crack the frame.
I used to sell beds for a living, and this couple came in one day to buy a pair of those adjustable beds, they were easily 400 pounds each, the woman could barely walk and wasnt' nice at all.

We had to replace their beds a few times within the first few months because they kept sitting on them and breaking them.

ChikkenNoodul said:
They also don't have familes to support

I'm sure the families of those kids that may have been affected thanked him profusely?

zengirl said:
I used to sell beds for a living, and this couple came in one day to buy a pair of those adjustable beds, they were easily 400 pounds each, the woman could barely walk and wasnt' nice at all.

We had to replace their beds a few times within the first few months because they kept sitting on them and breaking them.

They told you they were sitting on them. They were actually banging like two chipmunks on meth.

zengirl said:

Those are the kind of fat people I hate :lol:

We had one like that when I worked for Aerobed

Popped the friggin thing having sex on it

smileynev said:
They told you they were sitting on them. They were actually banging like two chipmunks on meth.
No, it was the corner that broke... see the adjustable beds have a plywood base with a metal arm which raises and lowers it. The fat dude would sit on the corner of the bed and the plywood would just break at the point where the metal arm hit. It was hard to tell him why it happened and not offend a customer who just dropped $3k in my store :lol: but he kept doing it!