GAY TONIGHT IS DAYLIGHT SAVINGS. ROLL YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD NOW OR

Because its useless and costs tax payers money.

Forbes.com:

It also appears to cost us money. In 2010, Utah State University economist William F. Shughart II suggested that turning the clocks forward and backwards each year costs Americans $1.7 billion of lost opportunity cost each year. His calculations assumed that each person over the 18 spent about 10 minutes changing clocks instead of doing something else more productive.

lol wut

dafuq

most of those people rely on phones or computers that update automagically

in fact, there was one clock in the doctor's office I worked in that was never changed, we would just spend all winter either mentally adjusting the time or just using the time on the desk phone

dafuq

in fact, there was one clock in the doctor's office I worked in that was never changed, we would just spend all winter either mentally adjusting the time or just using the time on the desk phone

When we first set up Bagram, ISAF, and the green zone we had sync issues because the gear didn't have region settings for where we were and the SAT time was throwing everything off. We ended up doing everything in ZULU.

dafuq

I remember in my grade school the clocks not adjusting on one of the DST weekends & then, mid school day later that week, every clock in the school had a 2nd hand that cranked around in about 5 seconds adding the hour. we were amazed little grade schoolers.

When we first set up Bagram, ISAF, and the green zone we had sync issues because the gear didn't have region settings for where we were and the SAT time was throwing everything off. We ended up doing everything in ZULU.

yeah, being GMT +4:30 feels weird sometimes

I've been on bagram for about six months now, honestly I'd take Kabul or a FOB over this any day of the week

Huh? Of course we do. It's a day on the calendar, some companies get it off, most don't. Do people do more than that for it?

I just checked it's only been recently. For some reason I thought AZ held out.

Former Arizona governor Governor Bruce Babbitt, a Democrat, created the holiday in Arizona by executive order just before he left office in 1986, but his Republican successor Evan Mecham, armed with an attorney general's opinion that Babbitt's order was illegal, rescinded it days after he took office.[11] Mecham subsequently issued his own executive order, setting aside the third Sunday in January as an unpaid holiday to honor King, but it never was recognized by supporters of a paid holiday.
Sen. John McCain (Republican of Arizona) voted against the creation of the holiday to honor King, and later defended Arizona Republican Governor Evan Mecham's rescission of the state holiday in honor of King created by his Democratic predecessor. After his opposition grew increasingly untenable, McCain reversed his position, and encouraged his home state of Arizona to recognize the holiday despite opposition from Mecham.[12] During the 2008 presidential campaign, McCain was criticized for his initial opposition to the measure.
In 1989, the Arizona state legislature replaced Columbus Day with the King holiday.[13] In 1990, Arizonans were given the opportunity to vote to observe an MLK holiday. In 1990 the National Football League threatened to move the Super Bowl that was planned to be in Arizona in 1993 if the MLK holiday was voted down.[13] McCain successfully appealed to former President Ronald Reagan to support the holiday.[14] The state legislature passed a measure to keep both Columbus Day and Martin Luther King Day, but it was too late as 76% of voters rejected the King holiday. Consequently, the state “lost $500 million and the Super Bowl” which moved to Pasadena, California.[13]

In 1991, the New Hampshire legislature created "Civil Rights Day" and abolished "Fast Day".[15] In 1999, "Civil Rights Day" was officially changed to "Martin Luther King Day," becoming the last state to have a holiday named after Dr. King.[16]

On May 2, 2000, South Carolina governor Jim Hodges signed a bill to make Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday an official state holiday. South Carolina was the last state to recognize the day as a paid holiday for all state employees. Prior to this, employees could choose between celebrating Martin Luther King Day or one of three Confederate holidays.[17]