Today is National Teacher Day

I wasn't homeschooled, but my folks did send me to this rather kick ass place up in Minnesota.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Academy[/ame]

I was with the 100th (as in Centennial) graduating class. Ceremony was held at the St. Paul Cathederal. Rather cool stuff.

I wasn't homeschooled, but my folks did send me to this rather kick ass place up in Minnesota.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Thomas_Academy

I was with the 100th (as in Centennial) graduating class. Ceremony was held at the St. Paul Cathederal. Rather cool stuff.

So how was Catholic school, alter boy? :fly:

I was an acolyte... forced acolyte. :(
...and in the church youth choir for four years....
... and in the church youth group (can't remember the acronym)
...in the churches Christmas play many years...

...and I skipped Sunday school on a regular basis since my parents couldn't force me there by hiding in bathrooms with my disciple.

... and I still don't believe in a god. :hs:

So how was Catholic school, alter boy? :fly:

I was an acolyte... forced acolyte. :(
...and in the church youth choir for four years....
... and in the church youth group (can't remember the acronym)
...in the churches Christmas play many years...

...and I skipped Sunday school on a regular basis since my parents couldn't force me there by hiding in bathrooms with my disciple.

... and I still don't believe in a god. :hs:

For a long time, because then science teachers at my catholic school were so damn good at teaching us many things, I dropped my belief in God. I thought we knew everything, and in doing so, had disproved God.

I got older, I learned more. I saw things. Once I began to see order in the chaos, it made me have second thoughts. Still not sure what it is, but I know what it isn't, and what it isn't, is random.

For a long time, because then science teachers at my catholic school were so damn good at teaching us many things, I dropped my belief in God. I thought we knew everything, and in doing so, had disproved God.

I got older, I learned more. I saw things. Once I began to see order in the chaos, it made me have second thoughts. Still not sure what it is, but I know what it isn't, and what it isn't, is random.

...but it is random. Without coincidence there wouldn't be much proving religion.

...but it is random. Without coincidence there wouldn't be much proving religion.

See, I disagree. What appears to be random, could very well be a carefully choreographed result of causality. Choreographed by what? Who's to say. Just an eventual result of a number of events that occurs all over the universe, in individual subsets, the produce similar results?

That's too much order to support the notion of chaos.

I sat in wonder looking at the Hubble Deep Field photo series. When you finally realize even a fraction of the scope of what you are looking at, it becomes difficult not to entertain such thoughts.

See, I disagree. What appears to be random, could very well be a carefully choreographed result of causality. Choreographed by what? Who's to say. Just an eventual result of a number of events that occurs all over the universe, in individual subsets, the produce similar results?

That's too much order to support the notion of chaos.

I sat in wonder looking at the Hubble Deep Field photo series. When you finally realize even a fraction of the scope of what you are looking at, it becomes difficult not to entertain such thoughts.

What if our minds aren't capable of understanding the true extent of the universe and it's workings? That would leave a complicated organism such as ourselves.... not so complicated and will need to fill the void with answers that religion can gum up the whole with.

taivas is a perfect example of home schooling gone wrong. I mean, the dude is gay for Christs sake. :fly:

I was home schooled on and off too o_O Most of middle school anyway.

Sigh and I went to Catholic school. And public school.

According to you people I should be the unibomber.

or

BATMAN

Last edited:
Meh. That is strictly the individuals involved. My father has always been-- absent, uncaring, not part of the family, controlling, with a false sense of entitlement.

hahaha.. we're IB.. the Russian lady worked many years for NATO I recently found out. left russia so her boy wouldn't have to go in the army.

the colombian is a student teacher. meh.

what is the most important grade and why?