Today is National Teacher Day

my favorite teacher of all time was my 8th grade english teacher. he was also the middle school principal. he was a great teacher and really got me excited about writing. we were totally buddies.

riding home on the bus one day me and a buddy start whipping skittles at each other. the last one I threw just happened to miss my friend entirely, bounce off the windshield, and hit the bus driver in the eye :lol:

the bus driver slams on the brakes and the bus comes to a screeching halt. I'm no dummy so I hide my skittles in my backpack while he's making his way down the aisle scoping out who the perp was. he arrives at my seat, looks down, and coincidentally there was an empty skittles bag laying right at my feet. he freaks out and demands to know my name. I proudly tell him "I'm dave daly!". this was a kid who got off at the last stop. :lol:

the next day while in math class, the principal proceeds to grab dave daly out of class and tear him a new one in the hallway well within earshot of the entire class. obviously the kid is completely befuddled by this turn of events. it eventually makes its way back to me as being the culprit. the principal calls me into his office, I tell him how it went down, and we just laughed and laughed about the whole thing and I got in zero trouble. :D

Last edited:
principal and a.p. made goodies.. they were.. good. haven't had much sweets lately and they were cut in 1 inch square so I got to have a few different ones. yummy.

tomor is a PTA sponsored lunch. thur some kind of drawings. and friday bagels and coffee.

online curriculum?

i used to be real anti-h.s. but I've seen a pretty well-adjusted, well balanced, intelligent kid down the block who's being homeschooled. so it CAN be done. well.

Yeah, but it requires actual work. And parenting. Two things that no one wants to do these days.

online curriculum?

i used to be real anti-h.s. but I've seen a pretty well-adjusted, well balanced, intelligent kid down the block who's being homeschooled. so it CAN be done. well.

For a year or so, in '98-99. Prior to that, it was mostly lesson plans from... ... I can't remember the names of them now, but, they were there.

Then we moved here and I started taking classes at the local community college, which started twisting me into the terrible me I am now. :happy: