To My Beautiful Pandora...

Thorn Bird said:
you people who want to see memoirs of a geisha READ THE BOOK FIRST. the book is awesome and is on my favorites list. i hope the movie does it justice, but it usually doesn't, so read the book first!!!
I've got my name down at the library to borrow when it comes in (however theres gotta be about 50 people on the list before me). I'm tempted to just buy the book.

Thorn you seem to have great taste in books. Im needing some new stuff to read.... wanna send me your top 10 list :p

FlamingGlory said:
Blah, predictable, it has about the same quality of references on amazon or allmusic. The only way to get new music is a) listen to everything until you HATE it b) channel your anger c) read pitchfork media, aversiononline, new musical express d) GO TO SHOWS

After that you can also moonlight as a DJ.

anyone can moonlight as a dj, very few play in piss. wise words, my friend

Walk the Line is quite good. I saw it a few weeks ago. His voice is not deep enough for most of the film but I think thats more because his voice got deeper the older he got (so I've been told) Its not a Ray ripoff like some people would tell you but like most biography movies there are similarities such as someone dieing, getting addicted to drugs, losing it all and so forth.

as for Sayuri, its suposed to be VERY good but heavily compressed so make sure you read it like Thorn said ( I haven't myself, I'll do a book on tape) The biggest thing you are going to hear about it however is how the Chinese are pissed that all the Chinese have to play Japanese and the how the Japanese are pissed that its alittle one sided and theres only one Japanese in the main cast.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
I've got my name down at the library to borrow when it comes in (however theres gotta be about 50 people on the list before me). I'm tempted to just buy the book.

Thorn you seem to have great taste in books. Im needing some new stuff to read.... wanna send me your top 10 list :p

thanks for the compliment! i'll be sure to get a list for you, but it's going to be hard to get it down to just 10 favorites!! :D

will you pm me your email, and i can send it that way?