To anyone who paid attention to the NFL guys on the capsized boat in TPA

His perception of 2-4 hours may be off. Plus, they were in the water, dehydrating and getting colder. It doesn't take long in cold water for people to get loopy. That's why I suggested the possibility of tethering each other to teh boat in a manner that would prohibit each individual from free himself without the help of another guy. It might have given better checks and balances.

Good point. Why didn't they discuss and set up a Communinst form of government when their boat flipped over? KInda boggles the mind, right?

Update from the Times:

" More details of his story began to trickle out of his hospital room Wednesday, triggering different emotional reactions among the families of the lost men.

One father refuses to believe his son gave up, removed his life vest and drifted away. He is spearheading a private search and rescue mission that continues today.

Another learned from Schuyler that his son was held until he died. That father could finally grieve, he said.

Though the sole survivor has uttered his story to only a trusted few, everyone is hanging onto his words.

• • •

The 24 year-old spoke with Will Bleakley's father at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday.

"I wish I was talking to my son instead," Bob Bleakley told him. Schuyler responded, "I know how you feel. …"

The two men talked about 25-year-old Will for five minutes.

"If Will was not there on the boat, I would not have made it," Schuyler told the father.

The others — former Buccaneers Marquis Cooper, 26, and Corey Smith, 29 — had died much earlier, he told the father. Their bodies gave out, Schuyler said.

So for 24 hours, the two former University of South Florida teammates sat alone.

They spoke of dying. They made promises. Bleakley told Schuyler to apologize to his parents for getting into this situation.

His friend got sick, Schuyler said. He was vomiting, becoming delusional. Then, nothing.

Schuyler said he gave his friend CPR, without success.

Bob Bleakley took it all in. He felt relief.

On Tuesday, the Coast Guard had told him his son saw a light in the distance and swam toward it to find help. Crazy, that sounded.

"No, no," Bleakley now said. "He did everything he was supposed to."

He trusts Schuyler's newer account, Bob Bleakley said. It sounds foolish, but he's relieved to know his son died. His family could now plan a memorial.

He could now cry. "