Tip Jar at Subway?!

yee-haw said:
They put tip jars everywhere. I don't think I've ever put money into a tip jar. If the jar exists, that means that the person looking for the tips has never had to come close enough to me to receive a tip in person. In which case whatever they are doing is probably not worth a tip
Yeah, they have 'em at all the coffee shops around here.

I think I put in some Canadian money once or twice.

HAHA. Someone from Subway emailed me back. Odd that they did it from an AOL address. I emailed him the info. Next time I go in there they are going to shit in my sandwhich and I'll have to go up the food chain to Jerold himself.

Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 1:56 PM

Mr. Wallace, I am in receipt of your complaint about the Broughton St. store. The employees in this store are very well compensated I assure you and they are also aware that it is against Subway policy to solicit tips. Every now and then an employee or two likes to test the system and this was one of those times, sorry. My major concern is your statement that you are not getting the kind of service that is also a Subway policy. The date and time of your visit was not on the comment page I received so I am unable to determine who was on duty when you were in the store. If you will E-mail that information I assure you corrective action will be taken. I apologize for your bad experience in my store and I thank you for bringing the situation to my attention. S. Maker