Ontopic Timeshare experiences.

Well I would say since they are called Bora Bora Bungalows there is some intent to compare them
In style yes... nothing else. Just like they have Hawaii, Moorea, Pago Pago, Tokelau.... only an idiot would think you're going to get the same thing at Disney as you would in the real place.

I mean really, do I expect to be at New Orleans or Mexico or any island in the Caribbean when I stay at a Disney resort? Nope. Others have tried to make the same argument as you did and I am sorry, I just find it plain silly. The views and what you do is nothing alike at all.

I'm the opposite...
I can't wait to go to Fiji and bora bora and super exotic places like that.
The flight time and price would never deter me from exploring locations I have always dreamed of going to

But ya you can't compare Disney to those places lol Disney was fun and awesome but it's no Fiji

Floptical is dum dum. He's still rusty. He's only been back for like 10 minutes
:lol:

Exactly no way I'd compare the two. Each are different.

If I could get to Fiji or Bora Bora in less than 2 days I would reconsider. I get claustrophobic and after about 2.5 hours on a plane I get twitchy and in bad shape. I can only drug myself so much and it only lasts so long before I just can't deal with it (4 hours is about the max before it wears off and I have to do it again). That's why I have little desire to go there.

Other lovely islands with beautiful blue waters closer to home are more my cup of tea. I can drug up for the longer leg of the flight and be okay. Fortunately there are plenty of those not too far away.

In style yes... nothing else. Just like they have Hawaii, Moorea, Pago Pago, Tokelau.... only an idiot would think you're going to get the same thing at Disney as you would in the real place.

I mean really, do I expect to be at New Orleans or Mexico or any island in the Caribbean when I stay at a Disney resort? Nope. Others have tried to make the same argument as you did and I am sorry, I just find it plain silly. The views and what you do is nothing alike at all.

Exactly no way I'd compare the two. Each are different.

If I could get to Fiji or Bora Bora in less than 2 days I would reconsider. I get claustrophobic and after about 2.5 hours on a plane I get twitchy and in bad shape. I can only drug myself so much and it only lasts so long before I just can't deal with it (4 hours is about the max before it wears off and I have to do it again). That's why I have little desire to go there.

Other lovely islands with beautiful blue waters closer to home are more my cup of tea. I can drug up for the longer leg of the flight and be okay. Fortunately there are plenty of those not too far away.
I guess I'm super used to the 8 hr flights I take on a regular. I try to do over night flights and sleep most of the time ... Plus in-flight movies and iPad games and stuff are a life saver. Kiko is a pro too. He's been doing 8 hr flights since he was 9 months old.
Thailand will be a challenge but I e decided to do first class from Toronto to Hong Kong and coach to Bangkok.
The uncomfortable plane ride will be soooooo worth it in my opinion

• Gravy
Reactions: plot
I guess I'm super used to the 8 hr flights I take on a regular. I try to do over night flights and sleep most of the time ... Plus in-flight movies and iPad games and stuff are a life saver. Kiko is a pro too. He's been doing 8 hr flights since he was 9 months old.
Thailand will be a challenge but I e decided to do first class from Toronto to Hong Kong and coach to Bangkok.
I wish I could get better with it. I remember a 2 hour flight was diverted due to storms and at about the 2.5 hour mark I started getting twitchy. Just not fun when you feel a little like the world is closing in on you. I get that way in general though with tight spaces. Or in huge crowds with little room to move - I just don't like it at all and it makes me anxious. Kind of like a fear of falling thing, no matter how much you wish you could get rid of it, you cannot. I can more easily deal with 4-5 hour flights, but 8 hours... sadly I think I'd need stronger drugs.

I wish I knew why it starts to get me all anxious but I have no idea. Kind of sucky. At least so far Dom doesn't show signs of anxiety in confined spaces.

Nope - no problem there ;)

I am lucky to say I have traveled a lot in my lifetime. I haven't made it to Asia yet though but traveled through a lot of Europe and the Caribbean in addition to N. America. I'm definitely a Caribbean loving gal though maybe someday I might like to tour Greece and N. Africa. I always thought India but the family there may never return again so.... that's about it for me.

I've decided first class is pretty much a must for any flight over 4-5 hours.

Nope - no problem there ;)

I am lucky to say I have traveled a lot in my lifetime. I haven't made it to Asia yet though but traveled through a lot of Europe and the Caribbean in addition to N. America. I'm definitely a Caribbean loving gal though maybe someday I might like to tour Greece and N. Africa. I always thought India but the family there may never return again so.... that's about it for me.
Uhm... India is like 18 hrs away AND the plane will prob smell

Uhm... India is like 18 hrs away AND the plane will prob smell

Russel Peters was talking about going to India, and how all you can smell when the plane lands, and opens the doors is shit. Hot, sweaty dirty shit.

My first plane ride ever was 18 hours. Obviously with layovers. The longest but was like 8 or something over the Atlantic.