Time to check the map

*sigh*

Sometime I feel like I'm running out of airspeed, altitude, and ideas all at the same time. Fortunately I've got Eileenbunny to keep me on the right heading.

Back in college when I switched majors I decided I wanted to end up being a Network Manager somewhere with a pretty wife, cute son, and a white picket fence. I had totally forgotten about that until last month when I realized I had exactly what I had asked for. So fucking it up is especially hard to swallow.

Back in college when I switched majors I decided I wanted to end up being a Network Manager somewhere with a pretty wife, cute son, and a white picket fence. I had totally forgotten about that until last month when I realized I had exactly what I had asked for. So fucking it up is especially hard to swallow.

You haven't fucked it up you just hit a few bumps in the road.
No trip in life ever gets completed without a few complications.

I'm off the path and have been for a long time. I'm running my own business, but not terribly happy about it, mainly due to not enough business to support myself. I've also been involved in a really long (over a year and a half), nasty, agrevating lawsuit against my father who controls two trust funds in my name, for which it is becoming more clear that he doesn't give a damn about and is not looking after my best interests. Currently in court about it. Dunno when it'll end. My dad's latest scheme is to personally attack me in legal briefs about stuff. But on the bright side, it is out of my hands now. Let the lawyers and judge come to some type of conclusion. Once that is done, I'll be able to live again without fearing retribution or manipulation from him.

I've also taken the last few years off from college due to starting my business. I'm thinking of going back. I'm like a semester or two from getting my Associate's degree, assuming the college doesn't jip me out of credits for other classes I've taken prior to going to college. At the end of this year, if I haven't made a significant increase in business, I'm going to close shop and get a job elsewhere.

Because sometimes being in each others face 24/7 doesn't help matters. Sometimes you need to be away from each other and take the time to cool down while you go to couples counceling and find out why things aren't working.

Being in each others face while trying to do that, doesn't usually work.

It might be somewhat stressful for a child over 6-7 yrs of age, otherwise they aren't going to notice too much of a change. And it's better to do it now than later, or not at all.

I don't pretend to have answers for everyone on this issue. I can only relate what worked for me. Over 30yrs of my marriage (to the same woman) there were some really rough times. You might call it being in each other's face; I would call it being available to talk and actually work on the things you discussed in counseling. In every case where I had friends that temporarily separated, they separated. Some tried to go back together, but by then they had already learned to live apart.

Again, I am not suggesting that the answer that kept my marriage together all these years is the absolute answer; it just worked for me.

Once again, all the best wishes for a good outcome for you.

first off, best of luck to those of you going through rough spots right now. i know that in the end it makes you stronger and its what life's about, but that still doesn't help the fact that you all need a support hug right about now.

and this thread brings up a very interesting point: do you ever stop wanting more out of life? i mean ,just because you have met some goal or dream you set for yourself doesn't necessarily mean you want to just put up your feet and live in that moment forever. i think more of the key is to work on recognizing the fact that you did meet goal, and relish it while creating new goals.
in addition, maybe you set out going for one goal, and in doing so you realized you want a different goal. the first one shouldn't be a disappointment because you never met it -- simply GOING for it made you successful somewhere else.
goals and dreams are sooo important, but they might not work out they way you intended. and if they did, the road is not then closed...it just widens.

bsinning: congratulations to you for even recognizing that you did meet a goal. do you know how many never do? or if they do, they don't realize/appreciate it? the fact that you stopped to smell those hard-earned roses says something right there. if anything, let it be a motivator to you...give it your ALL to get back your dream...if it doesn't come back, at least you can say you gave it all the effort you could. this is what real life's all about, right? working hard for something and earning self-discovery and lessons because of it. :heart:

I don't consider meeting a goal an end point but just a stepping stone to better things.

I plan on using the extra free time to do some stuff that I've been wanting to do and try to improve myself rather than sit around feeling sorry for myself. That would just be a a waste.

Things really aren't too bad for me right now. College is going fine. I have a good shot at getting into a good grad-school, getting a PHD and living well plus enjoying what I do.

I'm going on a mission trip over spring break, and that looks good. I've spent some time hanging out with my team and I feel confident in our ability to work together efficiently and effectively. That doesn't mean we don't all have flaws, but we can cohere as a team and get shit done.

I don't have a girlfriend or a wife but that's okay with me right now. I'm not even old enough to go to a bar, what do I need a chick for? :p There's one that I'm kind of interested in ...

I've already taken 4 of my 5 finals for this quarter @_@ One more to go. I have a good shot at a 4.0 this quarter, which would be awesome because my GPA is about 3.2, and I'd like to hit 3.4 before I get out of here.

I thought my epic fighting with my family would turn things worse but the separation is helping, I think. I feel a lot more free to have my own emotions and to express them, and I feel like I've grown a lot since moving out of my parent's house. I also feel like I've worked through a lot of anger and resentment.

I thought my epic fighting with my family would turn things worse but the separation is helping, I think. I feel a lot more free to have my own emotions and to express them, and I feel like I've grown a lot since moving out of my parent's house. I also feel like I've worked through a lot of anger and resentment.

my relationship with my parents has become awesome, and i owe it all to leaving for college 11 years ago. :lol: that's all we all needed was for me to leave.

my relationship with my parents has become awesome, and i owe it all to leaving for college 11 years ago. :lol: that's all we all needed was for me to leave.

That how it is with my parents as well. Once I moved out our relationship has been swell.

My sister on the other hand, things will never change. :shakes head:

I just realized that my wife changed my settings in myspace account to say I was gay. Everything started downhill with an e-mail she read in my myspace inbox. Explains all the friend request from very happy guys.

We are really working hard to make the separation positive. We are going to totally change our lives. We are working together to build a list of goals.

Things like Me building a better friendship with her father.

It's going to be tough but in the end I'll become a better person.

I just realized that my wife changed my settings in myspace account to say I was gay. Everything started downhill with an e-mail she read in my myspace inbox. Explains all the friend request from very happy guys.
...Working stuff out eh?