Time to check the map

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
I thought I was on the right path and everything was finally coming together and then I did something that fucked it all up. So at the beginning of the next month my wife and I are separating for a while. We love each other very much but have a few issues we need to resolve for my sons sake. We are giving ourselves 6 months to fix things. She's going to move to a new house with my son and I'm moving somewhere else. We will be very involved with each other and doing couples counseling. It's going to be a long weird summer.

Where are you guys at?

My path is looking damn good, if I do say so myself. Pretty damn good. There are of course the bumps every road has, but for the most part .. it's all nice tight curves, very little traffic, and no assholes driving slow in the fast lane.

I'm totally committed to fix any problems we have. If I pushed I could probably avoid us separating but the issues would still be there and eventually they would make my wife and I unhappy and I won't have that in my son's life.

My path is looking damn good, if I do say so myself. Pretty damn good. There are of course the bumps every road has, but for the most part .. it's all nice tight curves, very little traffic, and no assholes driving slow in the fast lane.

You with all those tight curves and me without brakes.

/pickup line

:heart: :clap: i know it's going to be hard, but i commend your efforts. i hope everything works out. it's great that you're going to counseling.
keep us posted if you feel like it. :heart:

sorry to hear about the split and hopefully it's not forever...it takes more courage to try to work through the problems than just throw in the towel...best of luck to you

I thought I was on the right path and everything was finally coming together and then I did something that fucked it all up. So at the beginning of the next month my wife and I are separating for a while. We love each other very much but have a few issues we need to resolve for my sons sake. We are giving ourselves 6 months to fix things. She's going to move to a new house with my son and I'm moving somewhere else. We will be very involved with each other and doing couples counseling. It's going to be a long weird summer.

Where are you guys at?

Well, I agree wholeheartedly with your decision to plug away at it and focus on the needs of your son. I hope the separation isn't hard on him. Kids can be extremely sensitive and sometimes people never even know. Best of luck to all of you. If it truly is a good thing you've got, I hope it lasts forever.

I've been with the old lady for over 30 yrs. I guess we are mutual enablers and having figured that out kept us together.

I just don't see separating as trying to work something out. That, in and of itself, is really a strain on the child. Great that you are seeking heavy up professional counseling... not separate, but together.

Whatever the case, good luck.

Last edited:
I don't know where my path leads to. Its confusing, exciting and scary all at the same time. Just wish i could get rid of the constant worry of what the future holds and finances. Stupid money

Kudos to you for working it out, i really wish more families in america did that. Divorce is all to common now-a-days. Best of luck :heart:

Last edited:
I just don't see separating as trying to work something out. That, in and of itself, is really a strain on the child. Seeking heavy up professional help sounds like the right idea to me... not separate, but together.

Because sometimes being in each others face 24/7 doesn't help matters. Sometimes you need to be away from each other and take the time to cool down while you go to couples counceling and find out why things aren't working.

Being in each others face while trying to do that, doesn't usually work.

It might be somewhat stressful for a child over 6-7 yrs of age, otherwise they aren't going to notice too much of a change. And it's better to do it now than later, or not at all.

Thanks guys. I have really high hopes. I'm not looking forward to breaking the news to my son. I'm planning to ask her to marry me again if we can fix everything in 6 months. I really think we will be ok. It's just scary.

"It might be somewhat stressful for a child over 6-7 yrs of age, otherwise they aren't going to notice too much of a change. And it's better to do it now than later, or not at all."

I dunno about that, a friend of mine moved to Boston ahead of his family (Wife, 4yo son, and 9mo son at the time) by about 2 months and stayed with us. He went back to his old home on the weekends, but his 4yo was absolutely dejected and acted out constantly when his father was gone.

Guess it depends on the child :p the 9mo was of course, mostly unaware :fly:

Mine's going pretty good right now. I tricked Knyte into leaving last night and I'm having all the door locks changed today.

Our path keeps taking unexpected turns, but so far we've been able to fuigure it out. I'm hoping in 3-4 years it takes a turn somewhere warm, like Florida.

Mine's going pretty good right now. I tricked Knyte into leaving last night and I'm having all the door locks changed today.

Our path keeps taking unexpected turns, but so far we've been able to fuigure it out. I'm hoping in 3-4 years it takes a turn somewhere warm, like Florida.

SCORE!!!