FYI Time for the next disease!

Russian Cheeki Breeki GIF by memecandy

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie and Josh
It's just the world self-correcting. Disease or starvation pick yer poison but this rock will only support so much.

meh, I think this rock could support a lot more, we're just dumb and wasteful. And super careless.

We're basically parasites. Sooner or later we're gonna destroy enough habitat needed by some important enough link in the chain the whole thing will collapse.
And instead of using our so-called "intelligence" to take care of our own home we're raping its resources to send machines to a neighboring dead planet instead.
Brilliant.

We're basically parasites. Sooner or later we're gonna destroy enough habitat needed by some important enough link in the chain the whole thing will collapse.
And instead of using our so-called "intelligence" to take care of our own home we're raping its resources to send machines to a neighboring dead planet instead.
Brilliant.
I agree we're parasitic, as all lifeforms are to some degree. But it's been geatly studied, there is more than enough food production for the planet, people starve due to finances, politics and poor distribution. There's plenty of energy if we are careful. I think we are thinking the same thing, just saying it differently. Machines to neighboring dead planets - now you have my attention. Not sure if we'd be more careful with this planet even if there were no other planets. 🤔

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Brilliant.

Pretty common for species to go extinct by being too successful and depleting their resources.

Humans are just smart enough to be dangerous.

Brilliant.
Our species is dumb as shit.

Gerald Casale of Devo wrote a pretty good letter on the state of modern society. He's 100% right.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Our species is dumb as shit.

Gerald Casale of Devo wrote a pretty good letter on the state of modern society. He's 100% right.

I thought it was s decent read. I liked finding out more about Devo and where Gerald was in all of this. I think he was pretty spot on with where we are as a society and planet. It was a letter.