THURSDAY NIGHT IS BF2 NIGHT, tell your squaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's getting easier to find unlaggy ranked servers now, which is nice. I ran the list of 16-32 players last night after work and got 536 returns. And every one I tried to get into let me in. Usually I get about 30 points per game, but last night on one kick-ass lag-free server I got 40+ kills and 90+ points per round for 4 rounds.

(Not that it really matters since I'm at 2600 out of 11,000 points for Corporal. :( )

Coqui said:
Hey what can I say, I'm starting to become a good shot and I'm a good commander now. It's not like I only play BF when I get home.

I play CS still too

Heres a question for you. When do your points get tallied and sent off to EA so that they can be posted to BFHQ? The reason I'm asking is that I was playing last night for a little while on an EA server when my system locked up. When I looked back it appeared that nothing had changed in BFHQ. Heck, I even earned my first medal.

smileynev said:
Heres a question for you. When do your points get tallied and sent off to EA so that they can be posted to BFHQ? The reason I'm asking is that I was playing last night for a little while on an EA server when my system locked up. When I looked back it appeared that nothing had changed in BFHQ. Heck, I even earned my first medal.

Sometimes it takes a while. It used to take hours, when this mess first started, because EA couldn't handle the load. Now they seem to have caught up and I usually see my results almost immediately.

Stats are only uploaded at the end of the round though. If you're playing on a server and get 120 points and 4 medals and it crashes before the round completes you are S.O.L.

Sarcasmo said:
Sometimes it takes a while. It used to take hours, when this mess first started, because EA couldn't handle the load. Now they seem to have caught up and I usually see my results almost immediately.

Stats are only uploaded at the end of the round though. If you're playing on a server and get 120 points and 4 medals and it crashes before the round completes you are S.O.L.

Thats pretty lame. So its not a per session thing, though? So each round I completed on that server up to that point should have posted? I'm only really concerned about the shiny medal I recieved.

smileynev said:

I got promoted one day and it took another day before I got the official announcement. It records it on your local machine, then sends it out to BFHQ later on.

smileynev said:
Thats pretty lame. So its not a per session thing, though? So each round I completed on that server up to that point should have posted? I'm only really concerned about the shiny medal I recieved.

By round I mean one game. I probably shouldn't have said 'round' since that implies several games.

But yes, they should have posted or should post. Again, it may take a while. I've seen mine posted very quickly, but maybe it will take longer for yours. As long as you stayed in game for the entire thing you should be fine. As I understand it, anyway.

smileynev said:
You only lose them if the server crashes...

Game finally came in yesterday. So i plan on playing Thursday night. I still need to get my hands on that 9800Pro, $50, to make things right.

I'll need to practice some tonight.

fly said:

I need to practice w/ the grenade launcher for a while to get my range down. Note to self - the support guy drops ammo NOT explosives. I was always wondering why I couldn't bring up the detonator when playing Support in the demo.

lemon_fresh said:
I need to practice w/ the grenade launcher for a while to get my range down. Note to self - the support guy drops ammo NOT explosives. I was always wondering why I couldn't bring up the detonator when playing Support in the demo.

It takes a while to really get a handle on the nade launcher range, but when you do it kicks ass. I play assault exclusively unless situations force me to switch briefly. My favorite thing in the world is to nade two or three guys, wait for a medic to run up and revive them, and then nade them all again. Large points.

Coqui said:
I can pilot any vehicle now (except the Apache) I just can't shoot with any air vehicle.

And why is it that the Apache is so unstable for me?

It's nimble. Transports are like whales in the air, and the Apache is like a cat. I can't fly it either, but then I've only tried maybe twice. It was squirrely as hell, and I overcompensated and plowed into a building. I'm sure it's fun as hell once you master it though.

Sarcasmo said:
It's nimble. Transports are like whales in the air, and the Apache is like a cat. I can't fly it either, but then I've only tried maybe twice. It was squirrely as hell, and I overcompensated and plowed into a building. I'm sure it's fun as hell once you master it though.

I want to know how people fly the plane so well. I mean yeah I can fly it, But I just go in circles and that's about it. I can't hit anything with it. Everything just goes to fast so I can't bomb or rocket anything as it zooms by me. I normally use a plane to get to a point much faster then eject

Coqui said:
I want to know how people fly the plane so well. I mean yeah I can fly it, But I just go in circles and that's about it. I can't hit anything with it. Everything just goes to fast so I can't bomb or rocket anything as it zooms by me. I normally use a plane to get to a point much faster then eject

You and me both. I line up a target, blink, and I'm 300 miles past it. I also laid off the W key so I wouldn't be going at full throttle at all times, and just as I slowed down enough to see things I made the engine stall or something and crashed before I could speed up again.

So yeah, now I hop in, clear the map in 2 seconds, and eject in order to get behind enemy lines.

planes are useless unless you spend the time to really master them. Even then you'd be better off playing a flight sim. And they really nerfed the helis in this. I loved the BFV helis. These things turn like cars in the air.

Sarcasmo said:
You and me both. I line up a target, blink, and I'm 300 miles past it. I also laid off the W key so I wouldn't be going at full throttle at all times, and just as I slowed down enough to see things I made the engine stall or something and crashed before I could speed up again.

So yeah, now I hop in, clear the map in 2 seconds, and eject in order to get behind enemy lines.

Can anyone provide a list of maps that have attack choppers to begin with (i.e. capturing a point is not necessary to get them) so I can practice? I'm already awesome with the regular helos but need to work on the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.