Thursday Interesting Thread: Love is a Battlefield

why_ask_why said:
so like where the fuck is everyone? :wtf:

No one showed up. :(
It was me, fly, some guy from OT, another one from [M] and Aratoeldar

I showed up, noboby was their. So I peed on the copter and left.

BTW, when you hit 500 points you're supposed to move up a rank, right?

So....uh.....no more psycho hose beast?

That was directed at Dirk, but Nev rudely elbowed his way in front of my post.

fly said:
I looked over the last 2 pages and still don't see it. :confused:

ChikkenNoodul said:
fly said:
Can nitrogen be completely removed from the air, eliminating decompression?

The replacements, such as in HeliOx (Helium obviously) also cause the tiny bubbles in the bloodstream, however less so than nitrogen - so decompression is reduced pretty significantly. Decompression is also done typically on nitrox these days, 50% O2 at 70 feet and shallower, and 80% or 100%O2 at 20 feet and shallower.

Too much helium isn't great either, you can take a serious hit to your nervous system at depths past 300ft on heliox. So that's one of the reasons why Trimix is generally used instead, even on shallower dives. The narcotic effect of nitrogen, actually seems to counteract the effects of HPNS. Of course, too much nitrogen and you're too drunk to operate effectively.

The other reasons being that Trimix is cheaper (helium is $$$$), and keeps you warmer since helium is a really good thermal conductor, you cool off faster in cold water.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Oh yes, and below 200ft one would typically use a trimix blend with LESS than 21% oxygen to counteract oxygen toxicity. Some mixes for REALLY deep diving are unbreathable on the surface

I can't wait for those classes.

I've played on ranked enough to get myself about 800 points. When I hit 1,000 and unlock the G36 permanently I will probably never touch them again. :care: